Reports Don't Match?

Manager SE Reports & printing
MarionB2BAuto
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Reports Don't Match?

Post by MarionB2BAuto »

Crystal reports don't match on two different printouts. I printed two separate reports today, one was "posted taxable Orders" and the other was "Sales recipts summary". Both reports are for the month of June, and reflect from June 1, 2012 to June 30, 2012. The posted taxable report shows parts sales and shop supplies to total $3738.20, but the other report shows a total of $3726.21. There is a difference of $11.99. I can't figure out why. Both show shop supplies at $97.92, and both show sales tax collected at $335.35. Why would both reports reflect a difference in sales?
8 Years USMC as M-60 tank Tech, M-1 Abrams tank Tech, Hull and Turret certified
20 Years with General Motors
15 years With GM as an ASEP Technician Trainer/Mentor
20 Years ASE Master recertified Technician
L1 Recertified
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Reports Don't Match?

Post by timbre4 »

One of our workshop back table documents explains why some report numbers will never match due to what they do or do not both include:

Example #2
Posted Orders Report & Sales / Receipts Summary Report
Why don’t Labor totals match?

The PO report does not include any Sublet figures in the Labor totals; the SRS DOES include Sublet figures in Labor totals. For these figures to match the user must add the Sublet figure from the SRS report to the PO report.
The SRS report has separate Labor & Parts Discount columns, the PO report does NOT.
On the SRS report, the two main sections, “Receipts Summary” and “Posted Order Sales” do not and will never match.

Why don’t Outstanding Charges and Charge Sales columns match?

On the SRS report the Outstanding Charges Summary line is figured in real time and is constantly being updated. Commonly compared to the Charge Sales column on the PO report, these figures will never match.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

I was going to reply with the same document which is in quick answers, but then I reread the post and it was only parts that was not in alignment. Perhaps one of your orders was marked non-taxable, and there was a part on there that totaled 11.99?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Good catch, Posted Taxable Orders is not quite the same thing as Posted Orders (All).
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Reports + Printing”