Commercial Account Report

Manager SE Reports & printing
kwynter

Commercial Account Report

Post by kwynter »

I am trying to obtain a report listing our commercial accounts and the date of their last visit. I do not see a standard report which provides this specific information (the last activity report which includes individuals and companies is too large). I have tried to use the Mail Merge function and adjusted the data on the Excel spreadsheet. This would work, except when I run the report by customer, the last visit date may not be their actual last visit...looks like this data is pulled by the last visit of a particular vehicle. When I change the setting to be pulled by vehicle, all of the commercial accounts' vehicles are listed and adjusting this data to arrive at the last visit date per account would be very time consuming. Any suggestions? 8)
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Commercial Account Report

Post by ricmorin »

I'm not using SE, but in 5.9 there is a report called Customer List - By Company. This shows only customers that have a company name, the associated vehicles with each company and the last visit date of each vehicle. Sounds like that should meet your requirements?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
kwynter

Post by kwynter »

Thanks for the quick response....we do have that report in 6.4, however, with the vehicle data included it is extremely large when all we need are company name and date of last visit. Looking forward to the day that Mitchell includes filters with the reports. :D

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

So you don't need date of last visit for EACH vehicle, just date of last visit for the company?
603-622-6434 x203

ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

You should be able to do this with Excel. I just did it here. It will be different for you because the databases are different, but once I linked I simply asked for Company Name and Last Visited and I got the data I needed right into Excel. May I ask what you intend to do with this information? Are you making a follow-up sheet or a call back sheet? Mailer? Something else?
603-622-6434 x203

kwynter

Post by kwynter »

I have tried using Mail Merge on an Excel Spreadsheet and this seemed to be the answer until I realized that the last in date was not accurate. Not sure what the critera is for that field, however, there were several accounts that I knew have been in recently, however, the Excel Spreadsheet showed an earlier date as last visit date. That is when I tried other reports.

We are trying to obtain the name of the commercial account and date of last visit for follow up calls. We market differently to individual customers vs. commercial accounts. The ability to print lists dividing account types (individual name vs. company name) has always been a shortcoming with the Mitchell program.

At this point, we will print a list of company names off of Excel and manually look up the actual last visit name....unless, someone has another solution.

Thanks again.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

One possible explanation for the last-in date appearing incorrect is where an order for that customer is not yet posted. How/when do you post orders? Other than that, I'm not aware of any programming issues with that data. Tim can confirm.

I can see where the differentiation of business and personal account types could be beneficial. I don't recall that ever being discussed as an enhancement request before. Might be worth adding it to the list.
603-622-6434 x203

kwynter

Post by kwynter »

No, it is not due to unposted items. I did not look close enough to see if there was any pattern. Saw several accounts that I knew had been in recently and that was enough to cause me to question that entire field.

Thanks again and it would be great to have some enhancements concerning the individual and company accounts.

Kay Wynter

Return to “Reports + Printing”