TIP: Outside Sales Commission Tracking

Manager SE Reports & printing
ngsc

TIP: Outside Sales Commission Tracking

Post by ngsc »

Has any one found a good way to track commisions on outside sales, we are looking to be able to track our out side sales persons accounts they bring in and pay them on a percentage of profit from ther accounts, so in a nut shell we need to be able to-
-Track ther accounts
-Track ther commission (percent of profit for parts and labor) weekly.
Our service writers and techs are also set up for commissions (though small to keep them honest) so seting them up as a tech or service writer wont work for us and using the refferal report we would have to go back and pull reports for each invoice?

Any help or suggestions would be much apprieciated

Thanks Jeremie
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Outside Sales Commission Tracking

Post by timbre4 »

Somebody asked this before and I built it into my demo database. The Source field on the Order screen can be used to code invoices to sales people and track with reporting:
Attachments
source1.jpg
source1.jpg (14.64 KiB) Viewed 3113 times
source2.jpg
source2.jpg (31.53 KiB) Viewed 3113 times
source3.jpg
source3.jpg (49.36 KiB) Viewed 3113 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ngsc

Post by ngsc »

Thanks Tim
I think with a little figuring i can make that work.
Is this somthing we can request for future versions, a way to track outside sales and commissions?
Thanks again
Jeremie
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

It could certainly be added to the Enhancement List, keeping in mind that it is probably not as popular as some requests favored by a larger number of users. That is where our prioritization comes from.
Tim McDonnell -
cdsfleet1

Post by cdsfleet1 »

New to Mitchell, while i agree that there needs to be prioritizing of options, i believe that this option needs to be at the top, the ease of reports is what got my attention with Mitchell and to come on board. My business is 90% fleet accounts with two salesman, this report would greatly reduce my time computing out there commissions and focus on more important issues.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

Just a thought, if your techs are hourly can't the sales person be used in place of a tech?. In my shop any up sell is another order if i offer a % for the up sell. I rarely use incentives so not so much of an issue.

Just a question on sales people if you don't mind. Are your sales people weekly plus commission. I have to, from time to time drop by my commercial accounts just to stay on top of things. Kind of something i really shy away from. I like to be on the shop floor (much to the displeasure of my manager, i tend to start something then get pulled away for one thing or another and he has to finish) I just laugh and duck. Do you pay sales person commissions on every job after they've established themselves as customers. An example would be a sales person gets a company with 30 trucks to start using you. Do you pay the vig on the first run or always on all jobs or monthly statements? I kicked it around and on some accounts if i had to pay a vig i would be in the black because i shaved the jobs to make the sale. There are head hunters that come in occasionally representing more than one client and i've thought about using them. A person comes in trying to sell floor cleaner or toiletries and visits all the businesses in my area and i've thought about throwing him an offer. Don't know how it would work and just wondering.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your comment.

Please note that Export to Excel would allow you to do this (and much more) rather than waiting for us to create the templates necessary.
Tim McDonnell -
cdsfleet1

Post by cdsfleet1 »

The excel is a great idea :D and will work until enough mitchell users come on board with this feature. As for how i pay my sales team its done by percentage, i give each saleman 6% of the total invoice minus tax everytime his customer makes a visit, no weekly salary, no fuel and they use there personal vehicle, I do perform maintenance on there vehicle. If the saleman is aggressive they do very well. The service writer does have a weekly salary plus 5% on labor and 5% on the profit of the part.

Return to “Reports + Printing”