Sales Cost And Sales Reports

Manager SE Reports & printing
Rami

Sales Cost And Sales Reports

Post by Rami »

Where can I find a FINAL report that will show period sales and cost (same information found in the Invoice Profit Summery).
I am looking for basic view of my business at the end of the week that will show summery of costs and revenues.
Also report that will not only show technician’s labor, but also total sales (parts and labor).
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: sales cost and sales reports

Post by ricmorin »

Rami wrote:Where can I find a FINAL report that will show period sales and cost (same information found in the Invoice Profit Summery).
I am looking for basic view of my business at the end of the week that will show summery of costs and revenues.
Also report that will not only show technician’s labor, but also total sales (parts and labor).
That sounds alot like the the Business Summary report. First report under the Management tab. Just enter the date range and take a look to see if it meets your needs.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Rami

Post by Rami »

The numbers you get from that report are different from the numbers you get from the posted reports. I called Tech support several times on this issue and I get different answers from diferent people as to what are the real numbers, and where to gather them. I am told that mangement is the only place to gather those numbers, and then when I call again I am told that Accounting is the only place, than I am told that only posted reports is the correct one, than of cource it is only the sales report, and than the cash reports ...).
I am having hard times believing that I am the only person who wants to know what are my costs and sales! Someone must have the answer to this basic question.

My understanding of the system is that the posted report should include every RO that is closed and paid for, yet the sales report, the cash report and the posted roprts don't agree with each other. The same is true for technicians sales verses labor sales in othe reports. We pay flat rate and it is not clear what exactly we should pay.
October was our first month with Mithchell and I don't even know what to report to the IRS for sales numbers / profit / loss...

I would love for someone from Mitchell (who understand the system and understand basic business numbers / management) to get in on this discussion and explain where do the numbers are gathered from and what is the purpose of each report.
EdgarB

Post by EdgarB »

The Posted Order Report only shows orders that have been posted, paid or not.
The Sales Receipt Summary report has 2 sections: Receiept Summary and Posted Order Sales. The Receipt summary shows payments taken in for the requested period wether the order is posted or not. The Posted Order section should match the totals in the Posted Order report.

I believe the report you are looking for is the Business summary report. Although, you will have to subrtact the Profit from Gross to get your cost. This report will also show the technicians labor.

Please call techinal suport then select option 3(tech support) then option 4 for 'How to' questions.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Sales Cost And Sales Reports

Post by timbre4 »

Update:

I received a call from the sales rep this afternoon who informed me this was recent a NAPA TRACS conversion. I reminded the rep that Manager's reporting is based on invoices created USING MANAGER. The lightbulb went on that the difference the customer is concerned about is likely some kind of NAPA TRACS balances (but not invoices created natively inside Manager).
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Rami

Post by Rami »

I took a little time off to make sure that all the “transferred” repair orders are long gone before looking at the numbers again, and I am still having discrepancies.

I am looking for the total sales numbers in our business as well as the gross profit on those sales.
What I am doing right now is taking the parts, labor, and sublet sales from the second group in the Business Summery Report.
In order to get the cost I deduct the profit from the sales.
In addition to these items I go to the posted sales report and I get the shop supplies and HazMat sales. If I understand the system correctly those items combined should include all of my sales.
One would also assume that the posted sales report minus the sales tax will add up to the same sales figures, but it is not.
I need to find out what report should I follow and why. Where does the Mitchell system collect the information from?

I pay my service advisors on total sales and gross profit, so we need to find the “right” number. Does anyone else pay their team on those parameters, and if so, what report are you using? And Why?
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Rami,

I may be able to help you. Knowing what you need the information for and how you are going to use it goes a long way to a solution.

Depending on exactly how you pay your advisors, the program may be able to calculate this for you. Exactly how are your SA's paid? You may be able to set them up in the program and enter in the percentages.
603-622-6434 x203

brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I to have found that the buissness summary report figures do not match the figures on the sales summary reports. It has been that way for a long time Ive seen it this way for at least 4-5 years. I use the tech productivity report to figure my payroll for the one tech i have that is flat rate. I do not know why the reports do not match I ve never gotten in depth into it. I also view weekly the crm key performance indicators and use this as an idea of what i m doing .
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I just looked and my reports do indeed now match. I was mistaken I must not have looked to compare in a while. They were exactly the same.
Rami

Post by Rami »

Our SA has a weekly guaranty plus % of total sales on a weekly basis, plus extra monthly bonus for diferent level of gross profit.
The techs are getting paid flat rate, and I am using the business sumery ofr those numbers.
I also have extra bounses for the whole team when they reach a certain goal (it keeps going up...), and they must maintain a certain level of gross profit.
That is why I need to know what are the total $ sold and the Gross profit
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I dont see any reason the reports do not show what you need. If the #'s dont match id look into that but all mine do I have just checked yesterday. It could be the merge if not tech support is great and I know from experience they can and will help.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

For percentage of total sales, you can set up your SA's in the Technician setup. Enter the numbers and then run the Tech Commission report to get their weekly commission. If the techs are flat rate, I'd recommend using the tech hours report. (remember that tech hours report uses POSTED orders, regardless whether paid)
603-622-6434 x203

Rami

Post by Rami »

After noticing that some days where correct and some were not I checked invoice by invoice to find the discrepancy and found out that we were doing something wrong with the discounts.
I'll keep an eye on it, but I think it will work.

Thanks for all the help.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Nice work glad you found a solution

Return to “Reports + Printing”