2 Different paper sources - 1 printer

Manager SE Reports & printing
Eaglesoar1
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2 Different paper sources - 1 printer

Post by Eaglesoar1 »

I am looking at getting a Brother printer that has 2 paper trays.
I was wanting to use one tray for everything BUT Invoices - and the other tray for INVOICES ONLY (Special paper for invoices)

Is there a way for Manager to pick which tray to print from?

I am waiting for an answer from Brother to see if I can call the 2 different trays different "Printer names" on the set up and do it that way within Manager
For example - Make 2 printers in my Printer folder and
Call printer tray 1 (Invoices): Brother Printer-Invoice
and then call tray 2: Brother printer-Everything
So on the Configuration in Manager, it thinks they are separate printers

But I thought I would throw this question out here anyways. ( In case someone already figured this out :)

Thanks,
Rich
Rich
Eagle Automotive
http://WWW.EAGLE-AUTOMOTIVE.COM

People say I suffer from OCD - I do not.
I suffer from CDO which is like OCD just in alphabetical order - LIKE IT SHOULD BE!
EdgarB

Re: 2 Different paper sources - 1 printer

Post by EdgarB »

You are correct, just make sure you have it set up like you described.

Manager settings can be found under Configurations -> Reports/Printers.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

I use two separate printers. The one for tech sheets is a basic toner refill costs more than the printer one. I end cap purchase multiple printers for this. I've found with rewards and coupons towards the purchase i can get three or four black only printers for under a hundred bucks. My other printer, scanner, fax machine is a Cannon MX870. As a rule i shy away from a multiple use machine but because i'm space limited i purchased this one. It's been two year proven and i'd purchase another one without any worries.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
nessauto
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by nessauto »

We've used several brother printers with multiple trays. I have 2 printer drivers loaded. The first one is marked default and goes to the plain white paper. The second one is set to go to the invoice tray. When you set up Mitchell the printer has to be printed to the one that goes to the invoice tray, To save money we set the ro and tech sheets to print to plain white paper so we're not wasting preprinted forms
Eaglesoar1
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Eaglesoar1 »

Yup, I've been running it that way for 9 months now and no problems.
Makes it convenient because on the back side of the FIRST page of the invoice we have our warranty information (printed beforehand in light gray so it does not come through the invoice side) and on the second page - it prints from the plain paper tray saving my "warranty paper". (I set this up in printer properties)

The Duplex printing for the Tech Worksheets and R.O.'s has cut paper usage in half :!:
Rich
Eagle Automotive
http://WWW.EAGLE-AUTOMOTIVE.COM

People say I suffer from OCD - I do not.
I suffer from CDO which is like OCD just in alphabetical order - LIKE IT SHOULD BE!

Return to “Reports + Printing”