Followup Letters - Customer & Vehicle

Manager SE Reports & printing
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Followup Letters - Customer & Vehicle

Post by ARS »

1. I would like to see the capability to print out the list that you see of Customer & vehicle on the Follow-up letters. We are running SE 6.4.544. Currently when we run reports we go... Reports> follow-up> (ie. Recommend for work)> any of the tabs (i.e. Recommends)> fill in info> then hit search button>which pops up... View list. We would like to be able to print that list just as you see it. Because at the moment we then go to print labels. Print out that list. The go through that above process again to obtain the same list... Hand write all of the vehicles on our paper sheet of labels. Then we go to each Customers account to see if the recommend, oil change, inspection etc is actually needed or if it is a customer who declined the work or not current on bills to us etc. It would be nice to print out that list to save us a step.

2. Having to do with the same list... it would be nice if you could go to that list... click on the customer's name or vehicle & it would take us right to the account or vehicle on that list. That would save us a step too.

3. Same list.. if you go to delete a name... once it is deleted the list of names reverts you back to the top of the list. That is a pain when you have a list of 50 to 100 vehicles & you have to remember where you were to scroll down & continue.

4. Same list... if you have a customer with 2 vehicles needing Recommends or Oil changes, etc. If you delete one vehicle .... both vehicles under that customer get deleted.

I think that is it for now, lol.... Is anyone else having these issues... We did talk to tech support this morning & they told us to write it up on the enhancement list... So here is the write up....
It sure would be helpful if these changes could take place... thanks
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Followup Letters - Customer & Vehicle

Post by timbre4 »

Here is some feedback point by point:

1. Go to Configurations, Reports/Printers, select Labels to edit. From the drop-list select 2 or 3 column option WITH vehicle; Click OK to save this. That adds License plate +YMM to your "labels" list printout. :wink:

2. And I would want to do this why? [what would requirements state]

3. That's generally how lists behave and probably not going to change.

4. Must see the delete as customer instead of vehicle, will report.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ARS

Post by ARS »

1. Thank you so much... this will help a lot. We can see the time saver already.

2. "click on the customer's name or vehicle & it would take us right to the account or vehicle on that list. That would save us a step too." Why would you want to do this? Because it would take you right to the Vehicle like the Schedule does. We have found Glitches with vehicles not connected to the customers account... ie. my account... It says that I had a Vehicle inspection on a Grand Am in May. I do not & did not ever have a grand am. Needless to say have an inspection on that vehicle. We have talked to Tech support & they do not know why it happens. This is just one example... we have had many occurances of this issue. So if we were able to click on the name in this list & then be able to go right to customer account & vehicle it would help this issue & if we want to quick check the vehicle if we see something we need to check.

3. "if you go to delete a name... once it is deleted the list of names reverts you back to the top of the list. That is a pain when you have a list of 50 to 100 vehicles & you have to remember where you were to scroll down & continue." This list never behaved like this before the last upgrade in SE (a couple months ago)... you used to be able to delete a name on the list & it would stay in the same place so you could continue deleting names or checking the list.

4. thank you for checking on this...
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I stand corrected on #3. my error; I had to go back and build up more than a screen's worth of Recommendations and then observe.

These issues (deleting by customer name rather than individual vehicle + list hop back to the top) are SE flaws, not really enhancement requests. I will submit them to see if they are already recorded.

EDIT: Support confirms this is a known issue to be resolved.
Tim McDonnell -
ARS

Post by ARS »

Thank you for all of this info. You have saved us a lot of time on printing labels especially. Hopefully the others are still in the works.
timbre4 wrote:1. Go to Configurations, Reports/Printers, select Labels to edit. From the drop-list select 2 or 3 column option WITH vehicle; Click OK to save this. That adds License plate +YMM to your "labels" list printout.
1. This above action must be controlled by one computer. We have a couple different people working on these reports. The first person wants to have the vehicle listed on the labels, because we use that print out to check the list of names & vehicles to see if we want to send the postcard or letter to the customer. The second person looks at our report we wrote on & then prints out the same list of names without the vehicle listed, so they can put the label on the postcard or letter. Is there any way that each computer can have the report print to how they like it each time? Right now if one person changes the labels to vehicle or no vehicle, then the next person has to change it back. thanks.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Some settings are global (all users/PCs) and others local. I believe this is a global setting.
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “Reports + Printing”