CRM List Issue

Manager SE Reports & printing
Crescentbunny
100 Club: Active Contributor

CRM List Issue

Post by Crescentbunny »

I'm having an issue that I think you all might be able to answer. This is concerning the CRM list. What we are doing is going to follow up and generating a data export file. We're selecting who to include on this list using the New/Inactive tab and using the Customer whose last invoice falls between specific chosen dates option. When I go into the excel file that is created using this option there are a LOT of customers in there that I have unchecked the add to CRM box on their file. My question is, does this list not take into account people who are not on the CRM list? And if thats true is there another list we can generate that specificially has the "on the CRM list" as the qualification for generation? Marketing to losers isn't something we would like to waste money on of course. Going through the excel sheet by hand I know at least a handful are getting through using the New/Inactive tab in this way. Thank you all for your time!
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: CRM List Issue

Post by timbre4 »

That method doesn't consider the Y/N CRM setting. Export to Excel would allow you to factor that in and much more if you choose.

Documentation: http://www.mitchell1.com/knowledgebase/ ... php?id=252
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Crescentbunny

Post by Crescentbunny »

Oh thank you very much that was exactly what I needed.
Crescentbunny

Post by Crescentbunny »

Well it works great to a point. The tutorial pdf you linked is great but my troubles start after it ends. When I try to populate a list in the Microsoft Query program it tells me that it cannot do so without me dragging and dropping the associated tables together in the query program, which I did not a problem. After turning the query into an excel sheet it acts like its trying to load the tables but it will stop and give an error message to the effct of this computer has run out of the resources need to generate this list please make a smaller list, and shuts down excel. Is this due to how large the CRM list is? And if so is there a work around like picking CRM list in query along with something like customer last in date? I didnt see customer last in date as an option in the query program anywhere.

Return to “Reports + Printing”