No Valid Printer Selected

Manager SE Reports & printing
Crescentbunny
100 Club: Active Contributor

No Valid Printer Selected

Post by Crescentbunny »

To preface the situation I am having : Our wireless internet and networking is currently down for a few days (this is the only thing that has changed in the shop). We have two printers one connected through the wifi, one directly connected to my computer. I realize the wifi one won't be accessible for a few days. I've got Mitchell set up through all of its options for the wired in printer.

So I'm able to print just fine and dandy through Mitchell and Word and various other programs all morning. Now suddenly I'm getting the error you see here. The weird thing is I'm only getting the error message when trying to print customer invoices from the order screen. All other things I print, like technician worksheets and repair orders and estimates etc etc are all working just fine. I'm seeing this message immediately after hitting the print button at the bottom right of the order screen. Normally it would pop up the invoice on screen and when I'd hit the print button from there it would bring up the printer screen where I could then select a printer and print. I find it odd that is says invalid printer selected before it even gives me the chance to select which printer I want to use. I tried going in and making sure all of the options in the print options were selected for the wired printer (they already were) but I checked them all anyway, saved the settings and rebooted Mitchell. Came back in still wouldn't let me print invoices. Tried rebooting the entire system. Went and saved the settings on the host and rebooted it. I'm still having the same problem at my station. My coworkers are all able to print invoices just fine from their workstations though. Any thoughts?
Attachments
invalidprinter.jpg
invalidprinter.jpg (109.25 KiB) Viewed 5454 times
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: No Valid Printer Selected

Post by timbre4 »

"Try setting the printer as default in Windows. Also make sure that they have invoice selected when selecting the printer (just in case). Let us know if that works."
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Crescentbunny

Post by Crescentbunny »

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by invoice selected when I select printer? My process is go into the work order onto the order screen, convert the order into an invoice. While still on the order screen push the print button at the bottom right. Immediately upon pushing this button I get this error message so there's really no way to select anything but I am definitely in the invoice I want to print at the time the error shows up. This wired printer is always the default printer on my computer so yes it is and has been selected as such in windows. I have re set it as my default and rebooted just in case and still no go on invoice printing. Thank you for the quick replies it is very much appreciated :)
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

"In the “Reports\Printer Selection” (File\Print Setup) window."
Tim McDonnell -
Crescentbunny

Post by Crescentbunny »

Ah yes that's what I was referring to when I said "I tried going in and making sure all of the options in the print options were selected for the wired printer (they already were) but I checked them all anyway, saved the settings and rebooted Mitchell." thank you for clarifying.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Support says it's time to call in.
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “Reports + Printing”