Service Writer Commission on Sold Revisions

Manager SE Reports & printing
adtire1

Service Writer Commission on Sold Revisions

Post by adtire1 »

Because I want my techs to learn how to be good service writers too (and help free me up from constantly being stuck up front), I offer commission to them when they write a ticket (and it is sold/paid). When they write the primary order it's no problem tracking their commissions (already have it set up and it works great). But I noticed this week that if one of them writes a revision and we sell it, when it transfers (to a ticket that I originally wrote), I get credit for the whole thing, unless I manually change the service writer, which then gives him full credit (and commission) for the entire job. Where/how can I track and report weekly commissions for revisions, or am I going to have to create a new ticket for each revision (PITA)?
A-D Tire & Chassis
NAPA AutoCare Center
Terrell, Texas 75160
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Service Writer Commission on Sold Revisions

Post by ricmorin »

The program currently supports only one Service Writer per order. This has been discussed before here on the Forum. It is currently included on the Enhancement Request list found here: http://www.managerforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1876 under the Revision section.

Others may have a workaround for this until it is incorporated in the program. I would like to see this also as it would be nice to reward techs for finding work.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
adtire1

Post by adtire1 »

Thanks for the response. I tried several different searches to see if I could find anything on this (but didn't search the wish list). We'll try two separate tickets and see if that makes receiving payment and explaining it to the customer too complicated.
A-D Tire & Chassis
NAPA AutoCare Center
Terrell, Texas 75160
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

I was just playing around with the program and came up with an idea. I'm sure you have your techs set up so they can be tracked on parts and labor. How about setting up a second instance of the same tech in Manager? Define it so you know this instance is for commission on the sale somehow so it doesn't get confused with the labor tech. You can set up the type of commission and the percentage. Then add that 'tech' to the parts and labor lines that he sold. Reports should easily total his earnings, along with the labor tech if you pay that way. The downside is you'd have to manually add the name to each line, but it would definitely work right now.

Or you could print each revision just before it's transferred and put it in an folder for processing at the end of the week. But that's so 1980, isn't it? LOL.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Interesting.

It would also be possible to code Invoices using the Source field; it wouldn't be job specific but it could be used to flag invoices that require further scrutiny.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Reports + Printing”