Shop Option

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
sixstarautomotive

Shop Option

Post by sixstarautomotive »

I would like the option in the Options Menu to have "Shop" as an option, like discount or warranty so I can properly track and document my shop vehicle work and not have to zero it all out or discount it.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Shop Option

Post by timbre4 »

sixstarautomotive wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:38 pm
I would like the option in the Options Menu to have "Shop" as an option, like discount or warranty so I can properly track and document my shop vehicle work and not have to zero it all out or discount it.
Something to consider: A number of shops add their shop vehicles as customer/vehicle records and "pay" for the work with an internal account. This way, the value of the expenditures remain intact instead of having to be discounted or zeroed out.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Daniel Kreider
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Daniel Kreider »

I suppose another benefit of using an internal account to pay for the shop expenses would be that the shop vehicles could be assigned a use tax category that would be remitted separately from sales tax and would be a tidy way of tracking use taxes ....
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Daniel Kreider wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:45 pm
I suppose another benefit of using an internal account to pay for the shop expenses would be that the shop vehicles could be assigned a use tax category that would be remitted separately from sales tax and would be a tidy way of tracking use taxes ....
Depending on local regulations, I'd think the internal shop work would not be taxable.
Tim McDonnell -
Daniel Kreider
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Daniel Kreider »

timbre4 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:09 am
Daniel Kreider wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:45 pm
Depending on local regulations, I'd think the internal shop work would not be taxable.
Quite true timbre4, I just about added that as a reminder to check local regulations. Thanks for the reminder.
sixstarautomotive

Post by sixstarautomotive »

I appreciate the feedback, I am not sure I understand what you mean by an internal account. I have only been the owner for a year and am still learning the tax side of things.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

sixstarautomotive wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:07 pm
I appreciate the feedback, I am not sure I understand what you mean by an internal account. I have only been the owner for a year and am still learning the tax side of things.
Internal account is funded (at least accounted for) by the shop itself as opposed to standard customer payment types.
It is understood that any report work billed to the internal account will be SUBTRACTED from daily cash receipts.

NOTE: Please confer with your accountant about this before making any changes to ensure you end up where you all agree where you should be on this matter.

1. Internal Account setup
2. Payment Type selector (to apply it)
Internal Income Account.png
Internal Income Account.png (110.27 KiB) Viewed 16700 times
Internal Payment Type.png
Internal Payment Type.png (106.62 KiB) Viewed 16700 times
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “Database + Settings”