State Inspections

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
rench

State Inspections

Post by rench »

Our state use to mail reminders to vehicle owners when their car was due for state inspection. I always enter the date on the vehicle page. Is there a way I can bring up these dates. We would like to send our customers reminders since the state stopped this service.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: State Inspections

Post by ricmorin »

Welcome to the Forum.

You can do this easily. First you'll need to create a letter to send to them. You do this by going to Setup>Standard Descriptions>Followup. Click on the Followup Letters radio button. Click on Add. Name your letter something like 'State Inspection'. Enter the body of the text and save. Now you have a letter to send. Second, you need to filter the send list. You do this by going to Reports>Followup. Find the State Inspection report you made and open it. The resulting window is your filter. Click on the Inspections tab. You'll need to enter the dates here. I typically do mine on the last week of the month for inspections next month. So last week I entered this month range from 1 to 30. Click on the Search button once you have the range set. The program will now give you a list of inspections due by the date range you set. Click print and you can print them off, including labels if you want. Then sign them and mail.

I like letters instead of postcards because I stuff all kinds of things in there as well. Coupons, reminders, specials, whatever.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
rench

Re: State Inspections

Post by rench »

Thanks for the info. :D

Return to “Database + Settings”