Removing Taxes from Revision

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
ecsc04015

Removing Taxes from Revision

Post by ecsc04015 »

Hello -
On our non-taxable customers (i.e Fire Departments, Governments, etc) even with them beginning setup as non-taxable customers when writing a revision "Taxes and Fees" are still calculated. If I sell the revision(s) the "taxes and fees" automatically get removed. It is a huge inconvenience to both the shop and the customers when trying to calculate an accurate prince. Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks!

Dave
East Coast Service Center
Service Writer/Parts Manager
Sam
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Removing Taxes from Revision

Post by ricmorin »

Welcome to the Forum!

In NH, we do not have tax, so I may be of limited help. The one thing I can say is make sure both the customer AND the vehicles are set to no tax. I'm sure others will chime in shortly.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

What I do is build the revision and copy and paste to an est. That will drop the taxes. Shop supplies and haz mat would have to be deleted on a per order basis. Only way I know to make it work, someone else may have a better solution. HTH, Jeff.
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your question.

That's a great point; current architecture (5.9 or SE) is that the Customer Type & Tax settings are not "seen" until the Revision items hit the Order screen as Jeff has indicated.

I'll share this up to product management for future discussion.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ecsc04015

Post by ecsc04015 »

timbre4 wrote:Welcome to the forum and thanks for your question.

That's a great point; current architecture (5.9 or SE) is that the Customer Type & Tax settings are not "seen" until the Revision items hit the Order screen as Jeff has indicated.

I'll share this up to product management for future discussion.
That is great! THANK YOU! We are using the SE version and deal primarily with Fire Departments. Fixing this issue would be a huge time saver and help our customers be able to budget for jobs more efficiently.
Sam
fortknoxx

Post by fortknoxx »

go to set up/shop data/default settings and un check "include tax in estimates" this will not put tax on revisions.

i think that is what you are looking for.
Attachments
tax estimate.jpg
tax estimate.jpg (63.18 KiB) Viewed 4399 times
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
ecsc04015

Post by ecsc04015 »

The only problem with removing the Tax from the revisions is that it does it for everyone. I'm looking at just removing Tax from my non-taxable customers.
Sam
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

We had another thread start about this today; as stated there:

Customer Type & Tax settings are not "seen" by the current software architecture (5.9/SE) UNTIL the Revision items hit the Order screen. Passed it on to product mgmt for future discussion.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

are you using the revision as an up sell? i think that the revision isn't seeing the non taxable customer at all because it's being calculated as a quick estimate function. i've ran across this before. i don't use revision that much so it's not a big deal for me. once i create an estimate and sell the job it goes into work in progress. if there are any up sells or added work, even deducted work the original quote stays at the bottom of the screen along with the new total. it gives me a comparison figure to work with.
another issue i just discovered. i opened a current order and went into revision, added a part just to see if i could remove tax. no way to so i cleared the sub estimate by clicking on "remove sub estimate", the screen cleared but taxes and fees remained. no matter what i did it stayed. i went back to original order, no sub estimate was high lighted. i opened a "blank" sub estimate and the taxes and fees was still there. talk about ghost fees. by playing around a bit i found that after the first fee remained newer ones would be added to it and when i deleted the revision it went back to the first figure. no matter what i did the original calculated figure would not go away. it would add into any changes i made to the revision but would remain when i deleted the added part. the added fees would go away as well but the original fee figure would remain.
now i don't want anyone to think i know a damn thing about programming i just ran across this.............
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Database + Settings”