Deleted Orders?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Deleted Orders?

Post by steven kiser »

I would love to see a ghost copy of a deleted order. I look at daily orders and can see deleted orders by just deleted but I would love to be able to see what was deleted. Especially since I was pretty much out the entire month every deleted order raised my eye brows.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Deleted Orders?

Post by timbre4 »

There's nothing visible through the user interface. No voided paper copies somewhere? [New rule, if you delete an invoice, thou shalt print a copy off for me]

Depending on your database backups available, you could potentially restore one of those backups (in the right date range) to a non-production PC with Manager to view them before they were deleted.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
alloutrepair
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by alloutrepair »

I am having the same issue...

It might be nice if the programing was updated to make deleted lines/orders not display on the user interface, but to still be somewhere logged in the system...

On a previous system, and even in QuickBooks, nothing is ever permanently deleted...

I just deleted a line from the system, because it was adding a labor amount to the order, only to figure out that I should have only removed the labor amount instead of deleting the line... OOPS!!!

Just that it would be nice is to be able to get back into a report to see the information that was keyed on this line, so it is not lost for ever...

Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a customer who went 11k miles between oil changes and then brought their car in because of a check engine light even though it has been knocking for over a month...
THANKS!
~Jennifer~

*** Not challenging everyone, just thinking outside the box in an attempt to make life easier! ***
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

As you may know, the order that is deleted remains in the system so that the # is accounted for; it does not retain detail.

If the concern is customer declining an important service, I'd enter something in Recommendations and potentially have them initial or sign that you have no responsibility to resulting damage. It promotes seriousness and provides you with something of record that does not depend on invoice lines.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
alloutrepair

Post by alloutrepair »

In fact, I probably should have put the notes under vehicle notes instead of on the symptom line, but alas I did not and now it is forever in lala land... :D

Thanks for the suggestion, it is nice for 'declinded' services, but this was just the details of the events that took place on the specific order...
THANKS!
~Jennifer~

*** Not challenging everyone, just thinking outside the box in an attempt to make life easier! ***

Return to “Database + Settings”