6.5.54 - Ordering Parts Turns EST Into RO?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
hendersonauto

Re: 6.5.54 - Ordering Parts Turns EST Into RO?

Post by hendersonauto »

This is not just a ordering parts problem. If a customer calls in and wants to have work performed we advised and estimated. You look up the customer and the revision we made. Transfer the revision and #$$% now I have an RO instead of an estimate. The work is scheduled for next week. The parts are all stock items I have on hand. I have mechanics asking where is this car, saying I know its here because it an RO not and estimate. Make it user selectable to auto convert to a RO with transfer of a revision. The help lines advise of adding bogus lines to the estimate before transferring the revision I spent time making last month is a work around for a problem that did not exist before this update.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

This is likely an unintended effect from a change that was done to fix something else. I can see where in certain circumstances this could be a problem. We too would run into this on occasion. My staff has been advised to copy and paste the revision so it stays in Estimate form.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
rhillig
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by rhillig »

I'm not liking this at all :( When you are on the phone with a customer and have two other people waiting to talk to you, it's hard to remember to do different steps then you once had......

Could the program wait to assign a RO number until we actually turn it into an RO? We book out over two weeks in advance & having the number assigned that early keeps things from being filed anywhere close to the correct date.....
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

IMO, the sell revision is intended to add to an existing order, hence the name, revision. It is 'revising' an already approved order, not creating a new one. We use copy paste all the time with our stored REV9 oil changes; have done so for more than a decade.
603-622-6434 x203

ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

I don't think it's 'unclean' to save Estimates under Revisions. I save them there all the time. That is the purpose of the Revisions tab. I think it is named appropriately and is fully functional and logical. Revision and Sub-estimate are interchangeable IMO. Sub RO would indicate approval. Not a good name for me.

It has always been and likely always be: Estimate is unapproved work. Repair Order is approved work. Invoice is finished work.
603-622-6434 x203

sbcauto
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by sbcauto »

I Like Most Of The Updates. Don't care About P/O As I Never Use Them-Too Much Added Paper Work. Don't See A Point Of The R/O. As Soon A You Move To R/O It Makes R/O And Invoice Same Number. Would Like To Be Able To Bring Up Estimate Numbers. I Used To Put Estimate Numbers On All Packing Slips Which Is Why I Don't Need P/O. I Currently Use Plate Numbers & Cust's Name. Much Easer To Keep Track. Now We Only Have Two People Ordering. For Those Of You That Have Many People Ordering I See The Need For P/O Numbers. But My Estimates Don't Move To Invoice Until They Are Paid. I Would Like To Be Able To Turn Off R/O. All I Need Is Estimate and Invoice.

Return to “Database + Settings”