F4 - Find history record

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

F4 - Find history record

Post by Rich »

I think I am missing a setting.

Every time I hit F4 to search it defaults to the "Vehicle" tab. Before it would open in the "invoice" tab. Is there a setting I am missing to default it back.

We are running 6.6.10 now.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Rich

Re: F4 - Find history record

Post by Rich »

Hmmmm, i guess you can delete this now. For some reason once I asked for help it seems to do what i want. sorry
Rich Hays
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I think that is either how it was used last time or where you are pressing F4 from.

Kind of like History from Oder Screen defaults to Vehicle display for the vehicle on the R.O. where as Utilities - Customer Screen to History defaults to Customer.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Rich

Post by Rich »

Ok so I just tried it. I am in the WIP, hit F4, then the "find history record" window pops up. In the last version i was defaulted to the "invoice" tab, (or maybe it remembered the last place you were) now I am not, it continues to take me to the VEHICLE tab. I use the INVOICE tab much more often than the VEHICLE tab.

This isnt a huge issue, just a thorn in the jock. I was hoping i'd just have to mark some super hidden box and it would be like it use to be.
Rich Hays
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Rich,

From what I remember, if you are on an order with a vehicle and you hit F4, you'll go to the Vehicle tab in F4 and the vehicle data from that order will be transferred. If you are not on an order, say the WIP screen with NO order selected, you'll go the Invoice tab. I thinking that the programmers assume that if you hit F4 while on a current order, you want to search via that vehicle description. Try it out and see if it works that way for you.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by Sauvageaus »

ricmorin wrote:Rich,

From what I remember, if you are on an order with a vehicle and you hit F4, you'll go to the Vehicle tab in F4 and the vehicle data from that order will be transferred. If you are not on an order, say the WIP screen with NO order selected, you'll go the Invoice tab. I thinking that the programmers assume that if you hit F4 while on a current order, you want to search via that vehicle description. Try it out and see if it works that way for you.
Exactly, now if you do it while in Order and then close out of it and are in WIP if you hadn't hit clear on the Vehicle History Tab and are in WIP and hit F4 it will bring you to that previous Vehicle History Tab, but if you had hit clear it would bring you to the Invoice History Tab.
Rich

Post by Rich »

If you are on an order with a vehicle and you hit F4, you'll go to the Vehicle tab in F4 and the vehicle data from that order will be transferred.

With an order open, (for a 1999 Mercury Cougar) I hit F4, the Find history Record opens, the vehicle tab is defaulted, in the search it has Year - <all>, Make - Subaru, Model - <all>.

If you are not on an order, say the WIP screen with NO order selected, you'll go the Invoice tab.

In the WIP screen, I hit F4, the Find history Record opens, the vehicle tab is defaulted, in the search it has Year - <all>, Make - Subaru, Model - <all>.

:(

Remember I am running 6.6.10
Rich Hays
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Perhaps that's the way it worked then. I'm on 7.x and it does not behave your way. If I hit F4 while on an order, the tab defaults to VEHICLE and the attributes of the vehicle are carried over. I can simply close this window, close the order to the WIP listing and hit F4 again, and I default to the ORDER tab. NO vehicle attributes are carried or remembered. If I click over to the VEHICLE tab from the second scenario, the attributes are BLANK. This behavior seems desirable to me.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

ricmorin wrote:Perhaps that's the way it worked then. I'm on 7.x and it does not behave your way. If I hit F4 while on an order, the tab defaults to VEHICLE and the attributes of the vehicle are carried over. I can simply close this window, close the order to the WIP listing and hit F4 again, and I default to the ORDER tab. NO vehicle attributes are carried or remembered. If I click over to the VEHICLE tab from the second scenario, the attributes are BLANK. This behavior seems desirable to me.
I'm on 7.x as well and you're right always thought it was the other way, but just tried it.
I do remember it acting the other way before though.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

I think you are all correct, F4 I believe by default opened to the Inv tab view. I noticed this same problem last week and thought it was just me. I'm running version 7.0.3.67 (click on the Word 'Help' on the very menu, then select 'About Manager SE') and the problem appears to be fixed.

JD
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

Rich wrote:I think I am missing a setting.

Every time I hit F4 to search it defaults to the "Vehicle" tab. Before it would open in the "invoice" tab. Is there a setting I am missing to default it back.

We are running 6.6.10 now.
I figured it out, IF you hit F4 while on the customer, vehicle or order screen it defaults to the Vehicle tab. If you are at the WIP screen and hit F4 - it will default to the Invoice tab.
Retired - Mitchell1
Rich

Post by Rich »

Ok, maybe I am not saying this correctly?

WIP, hit F4, Find history record pops up, the VEHICLE default tab is blue (high lighted)

So then for poops and icicles, I hit F4 again, again (drum roll plz) The same as above happen! So in "year" i enter 2000, make ford, model explorer. (to test the auto entry feature you talked about) and do a search. It comes up with the info for the 2000 explorer.

Then I find Ro # 30525, its for a 99 subaru impreza outback sport, i open RO, then i hit the F4 button. Find history record, vehicle tab is high lighted. vehicle that is pre-entered for me is........2000 Ford Explorer, NOT the impreza that the RO is for.

Ok....so I tried something else. I hit and F4...guess what! lol, yah, the vehicle tab. But it always had the info from last search in it (that explorer). this time I hit "clear" so there is NO info in the YMM. Now when I hit F4 (in the WIP) it goes to INVOICE, HOT DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if i re-open RO #30525 (Subi), it opens the Vehicle tab and has the Subi info in it. (just as Ric says his does) So clearing the search field appears to have fixed the Auto entry function

OK so the last thing I searched for was the Subi, 99 impreza...
I open a RO for a 2001 Dodge R3500, hit F4 and it brings up the Vehicle tab again, with a 99 impreza....

So if your head is not spinning yet, like mine is, I guess bottom line is I need to learn to hit the darn CLEAR button in the vehicle tab of F4. That appears to make it function like it use to for me. I give up. Now when I try it i can't get it to not work right. I am punching out, going home, and drinking. See ya'll tomorrow.
Rich Hays
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - I'll ask one of the QA folks to explore that a bit, I just now tried it and it is behaving at time in an unexplained manner. Note: 5.9 appears to work this way as well. I may need to ponder this a bit.

JD
Retired - Mitchell1
Rich

Post by Rich »

I sat here and tried it. Tried my best to describe what I was doing. as i was reading it it would act up. then I tried it again and it was fine. Its like if i only swore 3 times it was fine, but anything over 15 it would act up. And the systems issue we have been having in house, 15 cuss words in a 15 minute period is nothing.
Rich Hays

Return to “Database + Settings”