Database: Program Becoming Increasingly Slow?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
mikehackler

Database: Program Becoming Increasingly Slow?

Post by mikehackler »

We have had Shopkey since 1999 or so and our database has become increasingly beefy. Over the years, ShopKey has run slower and slower each and every passing year.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Our server has plenty of processing power and memory.
localheroes

Re: Database: Program Becoming Increasingly Slow?

Post by localheroes »

We have been noticing the same thing on all our computers and its getting worse. The problem we see is that the Database file just keeps growing. Our Database file is now over 1GB and it goes up by about 10MB per day. For all computers that are not the host, every time Manager is accessed/opened up, it has to go over the network and access that large file. If the computers are wireless, depending on your router and network speed, it takes longer to access and grab that file, hence the sluggishness. We Did a defrag just on the Mitchell data file (located general on the host in Program Files (86)/M1-SK/Teamworks/Manager/Data Folder and we did notice slightly better performance. I would not recommend doing this unless you know what you are doing. You have to turn off some Mitchell services before you can defrag the file

I think Mitchell Tech support may have tool to clean up the data file, but as far as I know its not available to us users.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I'm not seeing this issue but I do not know the size of my database. I do know the last time a tech agent logged in to set up the offsite backup he said it was really big.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I just looked I'm at just about 1.9 GB maybe?
Attachments
mitch.JPG
mitch.JPG (36.63 KiB) Viewed 2989 times
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

The database may need to be compressed. I would think support should be able to walk you thru this.
Dan
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

mikehackler wrote:We have had Shopkey since 1999 or so and our database has become increasingly beefy. Over the years, ShopKey has run slower and slower each and every passing year.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Our server has plenty of processing power and memory.
what sort of maintenance has been performed on the server and workstations? Are you up to date with current operating systems? Is there plenty of harddrive space on the workstations and the server/
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1

Return to “Database + Settings”