Customer Names

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
JeromeKoehn
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Customer Names

Post by JeromeKoehn »

Is there a way to see husband & wife names on a new work order. Example Chuck Smith is in the data base wife's name is Jen.. Jen comes in I don't know her husbands name I can see all the Smiths but without asking her I don't know if to enter all her infor in.. So I guess my question is there a way so both names would come up?

2nd question: The last 2 weeks or so when I take a payment on account and it zero's the balance out to $0.00 every so often it ask Apply excess of $0.00 to account, not a real problem but just wondering why this happens?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Customer Names

Post by ricmorin »

There is no way currently to see the spouses name during an order start. This is on the enhancement request list. Often when I am having trouble remembering someones name, I ask or look for the plate number and start the order that way. There has been talk about overhauling the way Manager handles customers, spouses and other family members. I suspect some changes are in the works.

In regards to your second issue, there has been some changes in rounding behind the scenes. That issue sounds like a rounding error. Are you on the latest version?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
JeromeKoehn

Post by JeromeKoehn »

We're on version 7.0.11
tbuster1

Post by tbuster1 »

Good Morning! Just browsing and happen to run across your post. What we do in our shop for couples is we put one spouses name in the last name box - ie:
Last Name: Doe, Jane & First Name: Joe. So when searching in customer screen it will show both names like: Doe, Jane & Joe... Hope this helps! :D
JeromeKoehn

Post by JeromeKoehn »

Thanks for the tip. That will work :D

Return to “Database + Settings”