Multiple Shop Database

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
SchroedersEast

Multiple Shop Database

Post by SchroedersEast »

We own two shops in our city and we have customers that come to both shops depending on their repair needs or schedule. Is there anything in the works or that already exists for using one database between the two shops? This would really help with looking at repair history, recommendations, and sending marketing pieces to the database as a whole without worrying about sending duplicates. We are also toying around with having our main shop do all the scheduling/estimating as well, is there a way to use the new scheduler to do that without overloading the amount of info on the screen? We've been using the new scheduler at both shops since April or May and we really like it. Any info would be appreciated.

Josh
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: Multiple Shop Database

Post by Johnny5 »

Manager SE cannot today join two databases. I will tell you there is work being done right now that will provide much of what you are looking for. I can't say much more than that for now other than; we continue to evolve.

JD
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
michaelmole

Post by michaelmole »

Johnny5 wrote:Manager SE cannot today join two databases. I will tell you there is work being done right now that will provide much of what you are looking for. I can't say much more than that for now other than; we continue to evolve.

JD
@Johnny5 any update on this? I'm in this situation.
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

We have a multi-shop online reporting we are testing now, we also offer Accounting-Link, using your favorite accounting software, two databases can be merged into one accounting database for advance reporting and management.

JD
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I have always wondered if since Mitchell did not offer a multi-location product (Aside from the Enterprise Edition) would it be possible to create a virtual computer or multiple computers hosted on the actual server at location 1 while at location 2 the computer there would act as terminals for those virtual computer there by using one database for both locations. There would need to be a few work around's like when looking at the WIP all car would need a location assigned so each location knew who had what cars at their particular location. I think it would be a cool thing to try.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
michaelmole

Post by michaelmole »

Mitchell Enterprise (ProTractor) is just not nearly as good a quality software as Manager SE. I would love some kind of work-around for this. Would happily buy the additional licenses needed.

Return to “Database + Settings”