WIP List Out Of Control?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
Paradigm

WIP List Out Of Control?

Post by Paradigm »

The WIP screen is ridiculously long!! We have old quotes and RO that were a free service. How do you delete or get rid of them???

After 3 months of using this program, it is still not user friendly.
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: WIP list is out of control

Post by Rich »

We have our system set up to delete old estimates at 90 days. Simple click of a few buttons and they are gone.

Old Ros for "free service". i run them. How can you track what you did for "free" accurately if you never run them? If we start a RO and it ends up being "Free", i document what we did then run the invoice. This way we have notes of what we did.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Paradigm

Post by Paradigm »

It would be nice to turn the RO into invoice, but I can't get the shop supplies and haz mat fees to zero out. I would be writing off the balance due.

How do you delete the quotes??
artadot
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by artadot »

You can clear hazmat and shop supplies fees by going into options when you are in the order.
There are no mistakes only lessons to be learned. ~ Dot
Paradigm

Post by Paradigm »

artadot wrote:You can clear hazmat and shop supplies fees by going into options when you are in the order.
I have tried this.... it does not zero out.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Deleting quotes.

1. Bottom of WIP, find the "purge ESTS" button.
2. click on it.
3. It asks how old of estimate you want to delete, we have ours set to 90 days. Adjust to the time you wish
4. click OK
5. box open to tell you how many you have to delete
6. click ok
Rich Hays
artadot

Post by artadot »

Paradigm wrote:
artadot wrote:You can clear hazmat and shop supplies fees by going into options when you are in the order.
I have tried this.... it does not zero out.
That is strange, mine does. I can understand your frustration, maybe a call to tech support will help
There are no mistakes only lessons to be learned. ~ Dot
Paradigm

Post by Paradigm »

Rich wrote:Deleting quotes.

1. Bottom of WIP, find the "purge ESTS" button.
2. click on it.
3. It asks how old of estimate you want to delete, we have ours set to 90 days. Adjust to the time you wish
4. click OK
5. box open to tell you how many you have to delete
6. click ok

Does that delete all of the quotes? Can you go quote by quote? One of the things we do is long term restorations, and the projects we will be doing next are in the system as an estimate. We don't want to delete those.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Open the quote.
Click on "edit" (at the very top, toward the left"
Click "remove order"

If this is a quote you may want in the future, copy it and put it into a revision. Then delete the estimate.
Rich Hays
Rich

Post by Rich »

Another option you could try, it will "clean up" the WIP kind of.

At the bottom of the WIP, click on DISPLAY, this will bring up a box. In that box it shows

Estimates, Repair orders, Invoices, counter sales, special order, all.

Next to them are little boxes. Any box that is checked will show up on the WIP. Its pretty easy to get to, easy to check and un-check. Maybe just go and "Un-check" the estimates. Then your WIP will show less items. May not work for you as it sounds that your not the average user with doing restorations. But may be worth a try. When you need to see estimates again, whip that box back up and click estimates.
Rich Hays
Rich

Post by Rich »

Rich Hays
Paradigm

Post by Paradigm »

Rich wrote:Open the quote.
Click on "edit" (at the very top, toward the left"
Click "remove order"

If this is a quote you may want in the future, copy it and put it into a revision. Then delete the estimate.
Thank You!!
Paradigm

Post by Paradigm »

Rich wrote: May not work for you as it sounds that your not the average user with doing restorations. But may be worth a try. When you need to see estimates again, whip that box back up and click estimates.
We do everything from general auto repair to performance of all sorts to restorations and a retail store for performance parts. We have had to "massage" Mitchell to work for us and find go arounds to make it work. It has been a VERY tough 3 months using Mitchell plus 2 months doing the setup. I have compared it to going thru a maze...... with not lights on.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Don't worry about asking questions here in the forum. Most likely someone will have an answer for any kind of "how to" questions. Shy of things needed to be addressed by TS. If you screw something up, come back to the forums. Some one here (Steve or I) has most likely screwed up the same thing. Years ago when this Forum started I asked a ton of what I felt were really stupid questions, but I got them answered, and I am still here! You won't find a much more friendly forum, as long as the topic remains Friendly.

Its like a school play ground, people that are nice get help, the bullies will get help, but most of the time people won't go out of their way to find an answer. I have taken many lunch hours and tried to duplicate an issue and find a way to resolve it, to help others out.
Rich Hays
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Paradigm wrote: Does that delete all of the quotes? Can you go quote by quote? One of the things we do is long term restorations, and the projects we will be doing next are in the system as an estimate. We don't want to delete those.
I am stunned Ric didn't chime in here. :D

The best answer for these are Special Orders. If you know you're looking at a long term restoration, create it as a Special Order. Go the File Menu > View > Special Order. Then you can easily identify those apart from your normal short term repair work.
M1 Product Manager
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Silky7 wrote:
Paradigm wrote: Does that delete all of the quotes? Can you go quote by quote? One of the things we do is long term restorations, and the projects we will be doing next are in the system as an estimate. We don't want to delete those.
I am stunned Ric didn't chime in here. :D

The best answer for these are Special Orders. If you know you're looking at a long term restoration, create it as a Special Order. Go the File Menu > View > Special Order. Then you can easily identify those apart from your normal short term repair work.

Haha. I am an advocate for Special Orders, aren't I?

Honestly, I've been following this thread as I do on all threads, and the thought of using a special order here never occurred to me. But it could be VERY useful for future projects as described, especially if you build them on the main Order then cut them out for the future.

I don't have long term projects so it never came to mind. Always discovering new ways to use Manager.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Paradigm

Post by Paradigm »

Special Order?? Who, what, why, where, when......

What is the normal instance that this would be used?

Does it effect open PO's?

Does it effect sync with QuickBooks?
Paradigm

Post by Paradigm »

Another cause of the WIP list being so long is invoices that I am waiting for payment. Some companies pay once a month. I have to send them a statement from QuickBooks, and I wait for their check with multiple invoices listed in the WIP screen. Is there anything that can be done with these?
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Paradigm wrote:Another cause of the WIP list being so long is invoices that I am waiting for payment. Some companies pay once a month. I have to send them a statement from QuickBooks, and I wait for their check with multiple invoices listed in the WIP screen. Is there anything that can be done with these?
Post your completed charge invoices to get them off of WIP. Once posted, you can use Manager to send statements.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Paradigm

Post by Paradigm »

ricmorin wrote:
Paradigm wrote:Another cause of the WIP list being so long is invoices that I am waiting for payment. Some companies pay once a month. I have to send them a statement from QuickBooks, and I wait for their check with multiple invoices listed in the WIP screen. Is there anything that can be done with these?
Post your completed charge invoices to get them off of WIP. Once posted, you can use Manager to send statements.
?? Have no idea how to do this.

Return to “Database + Settings”