Tax Issue

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
KGA
100 Club: Active Contributor

Tax Issue

Post by KGA »

No sure if I am posting this under the right heading or not but we are currently using Shop Key Pro SE 6.6.12. :?:
I have been away on Mat leave and just come back recently so I am catching up on some paper work entries for the company, but I have noticed quite a few of our customers are only being charged 1 out of the 2 taxes they should be. We have GST and PST that each customer is supposed to be charged unless they are government then they are omitted from the PST and only get charged GST. What I am finding is that quite of few customers are only being charged GST and the PST is missing in the processed invoice. Which means the customer didn't get charged PST on any of their invoice. Never had this issue before, all our regular customers and new always got charged the correct taxes. Only since it looks like the beginning of the summer that this issue has arise, also its not all our customers its random. I have double checked our set up and database and our taxes are in there properly. I asked the owner and the lady who has been covering for me with creating and processing the invoices if she has seen a glitch in the system , but unfortunately she was completely oblivious that the right amount of taxes weren't being charged.
Has anyone else run into this? Help please! Thank you in advance. :oops:
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Tax Issue

Post by Silky7 »

This may require some history to properly identify. Customers created in your management database prior to April 2013 (assuming you were with us :D ) are likely only setup to be assessed GST. Back then you probably only had HST as your line 1 tax, and turned on by default. When the reversion to GST/PST was done, GST probably replaced HST on line 1. PST was likely added to line 2. However, it wouldn't have automatically been enabled for the customers that had been previously setup for Line 1 only.
M1 Product Manager
KGA

Post by KGA »

Hi
You are correct but when we switched back to GST & PST from the HST the taxes were entered correctly....
Its only been since this past May/ June where our taxes arent being applied properly. Never had this issue before. Regular customers who come in every 3-4 months who have been with us for years have been affected too.
Sorry if i am not explaining it correctly.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Have you examined the customer and vehicle records to make sure they're both set for GST and PST to be on by default?
M1 Product Manager
KGA

Post by KGA »

Yep. I even checked their history and they show they were being charged both taxes before hand...and then suddenly around that time period this past May/June it switched to only GST.

Return to “Database + Settings”