Torque printing on Invoice

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Torque printing on Invoice

Post by nickscarcare »

I am wondering is there a way to transfer for example the torque spec of lug nits so it shows up on the invoice? Right now we just write it down and put a note on the invoice.
Last edited by nickscarcare on Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Torque printing on worksheet

Post by ricmorin »

We put all that repeat data in the vehicle memo area that prints out on the worksheets. Wheel torque, tire pressure and drain plug torque are all there and only looked up once. Very handy.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

That works, but I was trying to put it on the invoice and thought it would look better to the customer if it is printed from the factory look up. The way it is done now, it prints slightly off the rest. Not a big deal just trying to see if there was a way. Hoping people would chime in.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

nickscarcare wrote:That works, but I was trying to put it on the invoice and thought it would look better to the customer if it is printed from the factory look up. The way it is done now, it prints slightly off the rest. Not a big deal just trying to see if there was a way. Hoping people would chime in.
My apologies. Your title says 'worksheet' so I assumed you meant tech worksheet. I missed your 'invoice' comment in the body text.
603-622-6434 x203

nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Oops that was my bad also.

507-345-6425
nickscarcare

Re: Torque printing on Invoice

Post by nickscarcare »

Thanks Ric for the reply, guess that is all the chimes I get. I will figure it out like I do normally.

507-345-6425
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Honestly I don't think it would mean that much to most people. In my experience, the average customer isn't knowledgeable enough to recognize that torquing is good. That's why they bring it to us.

With that said, we include the torquing comment without the actual spec in a lot of our labor descriptions.

Think of it this way, if you had some computer repairs (assume you're computer illiterate) and the repair order said they torqued the isolinear dilithium bio-gel pack to 60 micronewtons, would that mean anything to you? Too much detail. People want a fixed car that lasts, that's all.

BTW, never torque an isolinear dilithium bio-gel pack more than 40 miconewtons or you'll have a warp core breach on your hands. :mrgreen:
603-622-6434 x203

nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

We have a few ask for the torque spec, that is why I was just trying to get something to copy over like the labor lines when you look them up, so it looks more professional. I have been just clicking notes and adding it there. Just looking for a way to pull it straight from pro demand/repair info look up. I was just trying to see if I was missing some way to do this with out typing it in that way. Most of them don't want to stop back I think for retorque after work is done. The last guy I even asked and he does not even have a torque wrench to tighten them, he said he would just go by feel. We will see how this goes.

507-345-6425
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

ProDemand does not allow direct copy/paste unfortunately. This will be a manual affair.
603-622-6434 x203

Gary R
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by Gary R »

We look up the wheel torque specs and add a line with the spec to revision 9 where we keep the oil change parts and labor for the vehicle. This way our technicians can quickly locate the torque spec. It can be copy and paste to the invoice. I know that this does not help when you are replacing components other than wheels, but that is probably the most needed specification. Like Ric, we include "torque to factory specification" to labor items that require the use of a torque wrench.
Gary Radtke
Service Manager
Clavey Auto Service
http://www.claveyauto.com
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

We have been doing the copy and paste, which works, I was trying to see if there was a way that I have not learned yet on transferring from Prodemand. We will keep doing as we have been.

507-345-6425
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by Sauvageaus »

Is there any thoughts off adding a specs for torque or any such stuff the techs would need for doing the job instead of having to open up pro demand where we can just transfer the info over like Engine Oil or any fluids

I'd say this would be very helpful.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Sauvageaus wrote:Is there any thoughts off adding a specs for torque or any such stuff the techs would need for doing the job instead of having to open up pro demand where we can just transfer the info over like Engine Oil or any fluids.
Yes, we agree. Reference data for vehicles would be handy within SE; stay tuned
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

timbre4 wrote:
Sauvageaus wrote:Is there any thoughts off adding a specs for torque or any such stuff the techs would need for doing the job instead of having to open up pro demand where we can just transfer the info over like Engine Oil or any fluids.
Yes, we agree. Reference data for vehicles would be handy within SE; stay tuned
Awesome, looking forward to it.
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Basically what I asked from the beginning.

507-345-6425
Cory

Post by Cory »

It would definitely be nice to have a button to transfer all that Ric mentioned.

Similar to the way we look up engine oil capacity and viscosity.

Return to “Database + Settings”