Email company

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Email company

Post by nickscarcare »

We email different companies the invoices, problem is to email, there has to be a name in the customer name part. Then when you go out of it in the WIP screen is only shows the name, not the company. Is there a way to have this fixed so it recognizes the company name as a field to email and not have to put in a persons name in the name spot? I am running 7.1.7. Right now we have to remember to go back in and delete the name so the company name shows up in the WIP.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Re: Email company

Post by Sauvageaus »

nickscarcare wrote:We email different companies the invoices, problem is to email, there has to be a name in the customer name part. Then when you go out of it in the WIP screen is only shows the name, not the company. Is there a way to have this fixed so it recognizes the company name as a field to email and not have to put in a persons name in the name spot? I am running 7.1.7. Right now we have to remember to go back in and delete the name so the company name shows up in the WIP.
Go to Shop Data and Select Screen View and then under Display Customer or Company name in WIP make sure you have the Company selected.
Attachments
Shop Data.gif
Shop Data.gif (40.74 KiB) Viewed 3237 times
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

Not exactly sure about the email part.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

nickscarcare wrote:We email different companies the invoices, problem is to email, there has to be a name in the customer name part. Then when you go out of it in the WIP screen is only shows the name, not the company. Is there a way to have this fixed so it recognizes the company name as a field to email and not have to put in a persons name in the name spot? I am running 7.1.7. Right now we have to remember to go back in and delete the name so the company name shows up in the WIP.
Why don't you just put a name in there? I haven't dealt with a company account yet that didn't have a human with a name. :shock:
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

As I explained, when we go to the WIP screen it only shows "tom" or whatever name we put in there. No longer displays company name.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

nickscarcare wrote:As I explained, when we go to the WIP screen it only shows "tom" or whatever name we put in there. No longer displays company name.
I'm on the same version. Company names display fine. You either have a setting issue or a problem with the program. Do you have the display selected as pointed out in this thread?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

nickscarcare wrote:As I explained, when we go to the WIP screen it only shows "tom" or whatever name we put in there. No longer displays company name.
Do you have the right ones marked, like in that picture I posted?
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

I did that this morning and yes I had it set at customer, thanks, I did not know that was for that. So far looks like it works.

507-345-6425

Return to “Database + Settings”