Add Balance Due To Invoices?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
theshopp

Add Balance Due To Invoices?

Post by theshopp »

Is there a way that when I change to an invoice printed that it adds it to balance due? The only way I get it there is to charge it out. I need it go there so I can see on WIP who needs to pay w/o doing the balance due sheet. Thanks
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Add Balance Due To Invoices?

Post by ricmorin »

Welcome to the Forum.

Invoices are not added to Accounts Receivable until posted. Once posted they are removed from the WIP screen. They cannot remain on the WIP and be added to AR at the same time. If you tell us more about your process, perhaps we can find a way to accomplish your result.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
theshopp

Post by theshopp »

We do a lot of car lots and some pay upfront and some pay on account. I would like to see what invoices they have to pay for on the WIP screen versus having to charge it out and see it on the balance due. Sometimes I have to charge it out to print the balance and then unpost it to finish the car. I leave the invoice as printed in red font until it is paid then it's posted. We are trying to get everyone to pay once a week on what's here and what's already been done. If that makes sense.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

My first thought would be to create a special status if you need to keep these on the WIP. I'd create something like 'Done-Waiting Payment' for those invoices. You can then filter out Invoices from your daily work routine so you're not tripping over them, then add them back in when you need to see who owes.

Again, it's best practice to get those off the WIP and deal with them through the AR components. A simple run of the Balances Due report will give you all you need to know about receivables.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
theshopp

Post by theshopp »

How do you create the status? I'll try that and see if that will work.
theshopp

Post by theshopp »

found it

Return to “Database + Settings”