Searching Vehicle History?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
all-fleet

Searching Vehicle History?

Post by all-fleet »

Hello all! New to Mitchell and looking forward to make it work in our shop. I was previously using Napa Tracs. I am having a HECK of a time searching what work was previously done on the vehicle. With Mitchell we need to open invoices..Is there a better way? I service fleet cars that run up to 500-600k miles so going through every invoice to see what was done is very time consuming. I've attached a screen shot of an example I was used to. All we needed to do was click on the parts tab and see date, mileage, tech, and items that we serviced at a quick glance. This was extremely helpful considering all the work we do on these vehicles. Thanks for your time, I appreciate it!
Attachments
tracs.pdf
(129.99 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Searching Vehicle History?

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. You don't have to examine ROs one at a time; you can look at history from both a general (F4 Find History) or vehicle specific (History tab) sense.

The History tab is handy in the current repair order (5 tab view) to see what category, mileage, etc. for each past invoice with a Search that reads parts and labor descriptions to narrow the list to what you're looking for. This History tan is also available in a 3 tab file maintenance view - Utilities menu and then select either Customer screen (by name) or Vehicle screen (license plate, VIN, etc.) to select the record and go to History.
3tab.png
3tab.png (62.93 KiB) Viewed 2304 times
Utilities - Find History (F4 key) allows you to see history in terms of Invoice #s or Vehicles; the beauty of this screen is that you can do a fuzzy search (partial YMM - 2006 Honda, Ford Mustang, etc. along with word search term like axle, radiator, TPMS. timing, etc.) and see ALL past work that matches your search criteria.
f4.png
f4.png (20.2 KiB) Viewed 2304 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
mikedaviesauto

Post by mikedaviesauto »

I agree - having a search option to quickly find work done on a specific vehicle would be a big time saver. As an example, we have a customer who needs a control arm replaced. They say we replaced the control arm a couple of months ago (in which case the part would be covered under warranty). For some customers, they may have multiple work orders in a couple of months - having to open each one & look to see if a control arm was billed is a pain. Even better would be if I added a part (control arm) to a work order & Mitchell said "Hey! You just replaced that three months ago! Check for warranty coverage!". THAT would be sweet.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

Open the customer vehicle screen, click on the HISTORY tab. Once in the history tab for that vehicle, click on the search button, enter 'control'
2017-05-31_10-51-18.gif
2017-05-31_10-51-18.gif (81.83 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
JD
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
MURRI513
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by MURRI513 »

I make sure everything is categorized. Make sure the box is checked to show categories under history then just scroll down to what item you are looking for. Brakes, tires, oil change, etc.

Return to “Database + Settings”