Password Protect Setup?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
jjoldtwn

Password Protect Setup?

Post by jjoldtwn »

Is there a way to password protect the setup button? I have not had any problems (yet) but thought it would be very easy for someone to edit any of the price matrixes or other shop data.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Password Protect Setup?

Post by timbre4 »

You cannot password the Setup or Configuration menus; you can protect any number of specific functions. In Program Security, click on Change Protected Areas and browse the list to determine what you want blocked and who's password will be allowed to open them. Different user passwords have different privileges.Program Security videos lay this out:

•Program Security - Overview https://youtu.be/7HXW5K-fHHo
•Program Security - Demo https://youtu.be/Q_VujmvZ3r4
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
jjoldtwn

Post by jjoldtwn »

Thanks Tim....I do have certain areas already password protected but I don't see where we can protect the tire matrix or the price mark up matrix?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

jjoldtwn wrote:Thanks Tim....I do have certain areas already password protected but I don't see where we can protect the tire matrix or the price mark up matrix?
These areas are not currently available to the password function. I have added it to the enhancement requests list.

The current values (settings) are reflected in the Shop Data report; you might print that and keep it as a quick reference.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Database + Settings”