SE 7.25 PST/ GST Taxes

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
sbcauto
100 Club: Active Contributor

SE 7.25 PST/ GST Taxes

Post by sbcauto »

I Have Run Update 7.2.5. I Have Notice One New Update Allows To Change Tax On One Category. I Have One Listed As Safety. We Have Two Taxes On Our Invoices , one is PST And The other Is GST. Now Our Safety Are PST Exempt. Now When Apply A Safety to Work Order The PST Is Now Removed. Now I Have A Government Customer Who Is GST Exempt On Everything. His Tax Card Has GST Unchecked. This Also Works Fine. However Since The Safety Is Added To A Work Order The PST Is Removed But Now It Adds In The GST. Is There A Fix for This? Thanks
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: SE 7.25 PST/ GST Taxes

Post by Johnny5 »

I'm not understanding waht "New Update Allows To Change Tax On One Category" What are you referring to as "One Category".
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
sbcauto

Post by sbcauto »

OK, If You Go Into A Quick Can Job , Find A Category. I Have One In There For Vehicle Safety. Now Open Up Safety.Now There Is A Tax Button allow Only That Category To Select Its Own Tax.
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

Help me a little more. You find a canned job by category, you open that canned job for editing. There is no Tax button in the Canned Jobs screen; so I think you are referring to the tax button displayed when a line item item is opened. Now, is it a labor line, a part line or a sublet line you open? If you open the Tax editor from a canned job line, there is a Tax button. I'm pretty sure that's the button you are referring to, but the tax has no relationship to any category, lax settings are attributes of lines within a canned job or the canned job itself. So what is the difficulty in the tax screen?
Retired - Mitchell1
sbcauto

Post by sbcauto »

SO I EDIT THE TAX TO CHARGE ONLY ONE OF THE TWO TAXES LISTED. NOW WHEN I PUT A SAFETY ON AN INVOICE IT PUTS THE CORRECT TAX. NOW ALL MY CUSTOMERS GET CHARGED GST (FEDERAL TAX) AND PST (PROVINCAL TAX). NOW SOME CUSTOMERS HAVE A PST TAX NUMBER THAT IS USED WHEN THEY ARE RE-SELLING THE JOB TO THEIR CUSTOMER. THEN THEY ONLY PAY GST. NOW ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS IS GOVENMENT. THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT PAY THE GST, ONLY PST. NOW WHEN I PUT A SAFETY ON THEIR INVOICE, IT CHARGES THE GST WHICH THEY ARE EXCEMPT FROM. ALL OTHER CUST'S WORK FINE. DOES THIS HELP?
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

I believe you are using the tax setting for individual lines in a canned job to appropriately assign the correct tax for a specific customer. It's not meant for that, the customer and vehicle tax setting will accomplish that, unless I'm missing something. The line item tax setting was put in canned jobs to override the customer/vehicle settings where needed. I do not believe you would benefit from that setting, but I'm still not 100% sure what challenge/problem you are trying to address.

JD
Retired - Mitchell1

Return to “Database + Settings”