Account Setup - Direct Deposit?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
Jeremey

Account Setup - Direct Deposit?

Post by Jeremey »

Hello, I am needing some help on setting up an account for fleet customers. We set up the account to where the fleet company will deposit direct to our bank for the RO, my question is how do I setup the account to close the ticket correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: Account Setup - Direct Deposit?

Post by Johnny5 »

Post each invoice when completed as a Charged (house charge) invoice. To do so, open the order, click n Pay/Post, select "Charge". When payments show up in the checking account, pay the posted charged invoices using the batch payment process (F5). You will also now have visibility to the accounts balance due using various reports.
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
Jeremey

Post by Jeremey »

thank you for your help, but i still have a question, when i post the payment what do I use to show it paid i.e. cash, check, credit card? Thanks for your help
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

We created a new payment type called 'direct deposit'. That's what we use for any ACH type payment.

http://mitchell1.com/support/manager-se ... ent-types/
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Jeremey

Post by Jeremey »

Hey ric, one last question, when setting up the payment type, do you set it as check or credit card?
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

It doesn't really matter which radio button you select here. Mine was originally set as a credit card, but one could easily argue that a direct payment to a bank account is the same as cash. Whichever you like. It's the name of the payment that will distinguish it from the others.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Jeremey

Post by Jeremey »

Ok, that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the help.
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by Sauvageaus »

I have a question to go with this.....so some of our fleets use ARI and they take a certain percentage off the final payment and without doing the percentage for both labor and parts is there a way you can charge it out and then deduct the certain percentage on the total bill?

We also accept CFNA cards for customers (Firestone, Bridgestone, Tires Plus, and others that are CFNA) Well when the customer has the work done and they pay they want to see their total bill for lets say $100, but cfna takes off 2.39% so if i do that for parts and labor the bill would come to $98.61 and the customer sees that is what was paid if i were to do it all at the same time. I'd rather show it as $100 paid but then later be able to take off the 2.39% and not have to unpost the invoce and delete the payment and redo it.

Not sure if this makes much sense......

Return to “Database + Settings”