phone-no.jpg (83.27 KiB) Viewed 4893 times
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
sbcauto
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Re: Customer Screen: Change 1st Phone Default to Cellular

Post by sbcauto »

If I Uncheck All Phone Numbers But The Cellular Number. The Cellular number moves to First Listed On Work order.
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

sbcauto wrote:If I Uncheck All Phone Numbers But The Cellular Number. The Cellular number moves to First Listed On Work order.
Correct! However I have 12 cars scheduled today, 15 tomorrow, 10 monday. I bet all of them have at least 2 numbers listed. So if I talk to a guy for a monday appointment and he says "Do not call home. We will be gone, call the cell phone". So I open an RO for him, unclick everything but the cell. Now come Monday when I open the RO, I still see two phone numbers. But Since I talked to him face to face I have talked to another 75 people and do not remember he is on vacation.

Not always a big issue, but it would be nice that If i was to have only "office" checked, that only office would show on the open RO, and if i have "office" and "cell" that they would show. What I do now is take the time to make a note on the RO to say CALL THE CELL (or which ever)
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I put a note on each order on whom to call and where. I'm not sure of a better way at this point. I make sure to mark it to not print on invoice.
Rich

Post by Rich »

brianp87 wrote:I put a note on each order on whom to call and where. I'm not sure of a better way at this point. I make sure to mark it to not print on invoice.
That's what I have been doing.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Rich wrote:
brianp87 wrote:I put a note on each order on whom to call and where. I'm not sure of a better way at this point. I make sure to mark it to not print on invoice.
That's what I have been doing.

Its kinda a pain but I guess Ive gotten used to it.
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Johnny5 wrote:
Rich wrote:I like it to just show the number you have checked in the telephone list. I get people that only wanted called, today, at the office. But even though "work" is the only number marked I still get two numbers showing up on the RO.
Hmmmmmmmmmm. Assuming that second number should not be used and there is typically no extension (and I don't want it on the RO), what if you could put an 'x' in the extension field to cause it not to print that second number? :

if {CustomerReports.PhoneExt2}= "x" then
print phone1
else print phone1 + phone2;
I would prefer if #'s checked were printed, disregard other numbers. If 1 number is checked just print the one, if 2 numbers are checked print both numbers checked numbers. Just my 2 cents.
Dan
MURRI513
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by MURRI513 »

Johnny5 wrote:It is definitely coming to a computer near you soon in version 7.5. We plan to begin shipping by the middle of August.
phone.jpg
I'm all for this, it would be a great help for my shop. I am a fleet repair shop and sometimes you call the driver, dispatcher etc. If I could put it at the top of a Tech Worksheet I'd be very happy
MURRI513

Post by MURRI513 »

Johnny5 wrote:It is definitely coming to a computer near you soon in version 7.5. We plan to begin shipping by the middle of August.
phone.jpg
I was so looking forward to this feature, then today I realized I have to change the order of numbers for the entire shop not just individual customers. Is there anyway to drag & drop numbers on individual customers? I use the driver name/number if assigned a particular unit( since that update became available). As a heavy duty commercial fleet repair shop I have more exceptions than most.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

Hi,

At this time there is not a method to rearrange the order of an individual customer.

JD
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1

Return to “Database + Settings”