Calif Battery Fee + Discounts?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
delmarautoservice

Calif Battery Fee + Discounts?

Post by delmarautoservice »

My accountant is tearing her hair out over this battery fee. Certain of our customers get a discount for various reasons. In those instances the system discounts the battery fee as well but we have to pay the full battery fee to the state, regardless of discount.

Additionally, the discounted battery fee creates balancing issues which is the cause of our accountants thinning hair. I am a recovering accountant so I get it.

What can be done to prevent the system from discounting the battery fee?

While we are at it, another discounting issue is the smog certificate which again, by California law, must be sold at cost. When the battery fee problem is resolved, the same fix should apply to the smog certificate.

Al Phillips
Del Mar Automotive
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Calif Battery Fee + Discounts?

Post by ricmorin »

Aside from not using discounts, there's little to be done until the format changes to apply discounts at the job/package level. One thing you can do for customers that enjoy a discount is to use a labor and parts pricing level that represents their discount instead of applying a discount to the whole order. Granted they won't see a specific amount saved on their order, but your accountant will be happy.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Database + Settings”