TIP: Offset Discount On Sublets

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
BenjaminPeterson
50 Club: Regular Contributor

TIP: Offset Discount On Sublets

Post by BenjaminPeterson »

Why is sublets discounted when you add a discount for labor on most of our sublets we do not add any up charge for sublets. It is not a labor or a part so I am kind of confuse why this is going on.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Offset Discount On Sublets

Post by timbre4 »

Sublet is external labor; you may select Sublet as a revenue class for what is collected but at the end of the day it's considered labor for general purposes. Discounts look at total order dollars and apply as defined (labor and/or parts, % or $).
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I consider sublet a labor item as it is some thing you had someone else do. A part is a physical item so all parts to me belong there sublet is like an outsourced alignment, machine work, tire repair etc. I also use it for freight cost not sure if that's bad or not but that's what I do.
BenjaminPeterson

Post by BenjaminPeterson »

timbre4 wrote:Sublet is external labor; you may select Sublet as a revenue class for what is collected but at the end of the day it's considered labor for general purposes. Discounts look at total order dollars and apply as defined (labor and/or parts, % or $).
But once again why not have a option to for sublet and not applying discounts. I understand that you are defining it as labor but my point is we need a option that is not able to be discounted.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

We have documented the desire to improve discounts. Our plan is to move them to the line item level, which will allow you to effectively exempt sublet or any other items you don't want to discount on an order.

There is no projected release date for this change at this time, however.
M1 Product Manager
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

In the meantime, at the very least add a percentage to your sublets that is equal to your discount, and consider an across-the-boards percentage on all sublets. As a professional shop, you should be getting this work done for less than retail. A small margin is commonplace.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Database + Settings”