Adding Vehicle Tab Information

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
alpinemotorsport

Adding Vehicle Tab Information

Post by alpinemotorsport »

Up until approximately 1 1/2 years ago I was able since 2002 to edit the "Engine / Fuel" tab.....
ie...3.0L,In-Line6 (183CI) VIN(C)
3.0L,In-Line6 (183CI) VIN(C) N54B30A

so my techs would have the engine code on the tech sheet.
The "Transmission" tab already populates with the transmission information when the VIN is "Decoded".

Now if I edit the "Engine / Fuel" tab the "Decode" button is no longer greyed out and that means that Shopkey, SpeedDial, OReillys, etc... wont see the VIN when looking up parts.

IF Mitchell1 is not going to start adding the engine codes to vehicles when the VIN is "Decoded" then at least let us edit the information without interfering with the "Decode" button.

I specialize in European and we have to have engine codes when we look up parts and repair information. It is not an option for us.
This worked for years and I dont have a problem entering the information manually.
Please advise
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 4.12.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 4.12.43 PM.png (40.31 KiB) Viewed 3071 times
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: Adding Vehicle Tab Information

Post by Johnny5 »

I tested this with a new version of Manager that is in development. The system now passes the VIN even if you edit the Engine field. In the VIN has been decoded or has at least 17 characters, the VIN will be passed always. Coming in V 7.5 due within a few weeks...

Cheers
JD
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
rhillig

Post by rhillig »

Is it possible to make a bigger difference in the shading when the vin has been decoded or if it has not been decoded? We are still getting caught with thinking a vehicle has been decoded but has not & then the right information is not being passed over to the parts stores.

You won't have the problem of it not passing the VIN if NOT decoded, if there are 17 characters it will be passed to the catalog.
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
alpinemotorsport

Post by alpinemotorsport »

Johnny5 wrote:I tested this with a new version of Manager that is in development. The system now passes the VIN even if you edit the Engine field. In the VIN has been decoded or has at least 17 characters, the VIN will be passed always. Coming in V 7.5 due within a few weeks...

Cheers
JD
Thanks for the response. Is there any chance that the engine codes will populate when the VIN is decoded in this update?
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

alpinemotorsport wrote:
Johnny5 wrote:I tested this with a new version of Manager that is in development. The system now passes the VIN even if you edit the Engine field. In the VIN has been decoded or has at least 17 characters, the VIN will be passed always. Coming in V 7.5 due within a few weeks...

Cheers
JD
Thanks for the response. Is there any chance that the engine codes will populate when the VIN is decoded in this update?
Not at this time.
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1

Return to “Database + Settings”