Lack Of Window Re-Sizing?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
alpinemotorsport

Lack Of Window Re-Sizing?

Post by alpinemotorsport »

I have been using Shopkey Manager program for 16 years and we still cannot resize windows that will stay that size and location when they are reopened.
Can we please get the resizing window thing fixed? Every program I have ever run will let you set the size and location in the window where you want it to reappear when you open it except this program.....

I have attached examples of how you cant read the parts lines without having to expand the size of the window as well as the lines of information to place orders....
I cant be the only one that runs into this....
resize1.png
resize1.png (94.96 KiB) Viewed 6718 times
resize2.png
resize2.png (119.68 KiB) Viewed 6718 times
resize3.png
resize3.png (42.2 KiB) Viewed 6718 times
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Re: Lack Of Window Re-Sizing?

Post by Sauvageaus »

alpinemotorsport wrote:I have been using Shopkey Manager program for 16 years and we still cannot resize windows that will stay that size and location when they are reopened.
Can we please get the resizing window thing fixed? Every program I have ever run will let you set the size and location in the window where you want it to reappear when you open it except this program.....

I have attached examples of how you cant read the parts lines without having to expand the size of the window as well as the lines of information to place orders....
I cant be the only one that runs into this....
resize1.png
resize2.png
resize3.png

+1 - I run into this a lot when I'm adding a customer/vehicle into the schedule and looking for vin or unit # or vehicle etc. then I'll have to drag them all back so I can see them.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

What version of ShopKey Management SE are you running? You should be seeing the sample below. [shortened it to fit forum window]
resize.png
resize.png (32.78 KiB) Viewed 6712 times
As we work our way through the program re-vamping screens, dialogs and functionality, we are replacing a number of existing windows and dialogs with a more new flexible type where it makes sense for the majority of customers. There are minimum size specs too. Specific to you question, the software does allow re-sizing as follows:

1. Parts Ordering = re-sizable [when you see the dots icon in the lower RH corner (see screen shot), it confirms the window is re-sizeable]
2. Cost of Parts box = fixed size because the only mission there is to enter cost. [only displays for Estimator dealer parts or manual entries w/o cost entered]
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

I have Version 7.3.10 and when I click on the scheduler, select a customer and then get into the vehicle screen I am able to make the box bigger but it still doesn't show the vin and other tabs and when I adjust them they eventually get switched back to where I can't see them.

schedule.JPG
schedule.JPG (39.55 KiB) Viewed 6707 times
schedule 2.JPG
schedule 2.JPG (49.35 KiB) Viewed 6707 times
alpinemotorsport

We should be able to resize a window the way we want to see it everytime we open it like every I mean every other program out there.
The GUI interface on this program is outdated and the developers apparently are not going to address this after over 15 years. Funny thing is they would complain about it about another program they were using daily if it did not do the same thing.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Sauvageaus wrote:I have Version 7.3.10 and when I click on the scheduler, select a customer and then get into the vehicle screen I am able to make the box bigger but it still doesn't show the vin and other tabs and when I adjust them they eventually get switched back to where I can't see them.
That's different; you don't need to re-size the window as much as you need to re-size columns:
1. Start a pretend appointment to open Vehicle Selection window.
2. Place your mouse on the boundary line between column titles (License, State, etc.)
3. Click the mouse and drag to adjust width on each column so that data is fully visible.

NOTE: This display is saved to your USER profile so it will stay like this unless you decide to change it.
apptveh.png
apptveh.png (33.56 KiB) Viewed 6696 times
Tim McDonnell -
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

alpinemotorsport wrote:We should be able to resize a window the way we want to see it everytime we open it like every I mean every other program out there.
The GUI interface on this program is outdated and the developers apparently are not going to address this after over 15 years. Funny thing is they would complain about it about another program they were using daily if it did not do the same thing.
I believe you missed my previous statement so here it is again:
"As we work our way through the program re-vamping screens, dialogs and functionality, we are replacing a number of existing windows and dialogs with a more new flexible type where it makes sense for the majority of customers."

The previous version of Manager SE (MS Access) was almost entirely fixed size windows. Much of that code was carried over to the SQL version as the simplest way to replicate the existing user experience. (if you don't observe that, the phones will light up) As we go forward and swap out screens with newer grids we gain not only resizing but also sorting and search tools that weren't previously possible. It's a big job and we're making progress with it. (I moderate on forums for products I use and yes they have their own unique issues - you are not alone)

I'm still waiting to hear what version you're using? Your first issue (Parts Ordering window) has been addressed.
Tim McDonnell -
alpinemotorsport

timbre4 wrote:
alpinemotorsport wrote:We should be able to resize a window the way we want to see it everytime we open it like every I mean every other program out there.
"As we work our way through the program re-vamping screens, dialogs and functionality, we are replacing a number of existing windows and dialogs with a more new flexible type where it makes sense for the majority of customers."

The previous version of Manager SE (MS Access) was almost entirely fixed size windows. Much of that code was carried over to the SQL version as the simplest way to replicate the existing user experience. (if you don't observe that, the phones will light up) As we go forward and swap out screens with newer grids we gain not only resizing but also sorting and search tools that weren't previously possible. It's a big job and we're making progress with it. (I moderate on forums for products I use and yes they have their own unique issues - you are not alone)

I'm still waiting to hear what version you're using? Your first issue (Parts Ordering window) has been addressed.
Sorry I did not see any of this....version 7.3.10
When is 7.5 coming out?
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

timbre4 wrote:
Sauvageaus wrote:I have Version 7.3.10 and when I click on the scheduler, select a customer and then get into the vehicle screen I am able to make the box bigger but it still doesn't show the vin and other tabs and when I adjust them they eventually get switched back to where I can't see them.
That's different; you don't need to re-size the window as much as you need to re-size columns:
1. Start a pretend appointment to open Vehicle Selection window.
2. Place your mouse on the boundary line between column titles (License, State, etc.)
3. Click the mouse and drag to adjust width on each column so that data is fully visible.

NOTE: This display is saved to your USER profile so it will stay like this unless you decide to change it.
apptveh.png

I know I don't have to do what I did, and I have to change the columns quite often they never save to the USER and I only have one user. I don't know how often I'll have to change/adjust it but I'll do a schedule with the vehicle and get frustrated because I'll have to adjust the tabs/columns again.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

I know I don't have to do what I did, and I have to change the columns quite often they never save to the USER and I only have one user. I don't know how often I'll have to change/adjust it but I'll do a schedule with the vehicle and get frustrated because I'll have to adjust the tabs/columns again.
Do you have more than one workstation? Often when a single user is on multiple workstations the settings can change depending on which one shuts down last.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

ricmorin wrote:
Do you have more than one workstation? Often when a single user is on multiple workstations the settings can change depending on which one shuts down last.
We have 1 host and 1 workstation
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Sauvageaus wrote:
ricmorin wrote:
We have 1 host and 1 workstation
1.Close Manager SE on the other PC
2. Make your changes to the Vehicle screen so all is visible
3. Close out of that and then access the Vehicle screen to see it is as you just set it.
4. Re-start Manager SE on the other PC

That should do it. If not contact tech support because these changes are recorded to each User profile.
Tim McDonnell -
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

alpinemotorsport wrote:
timbre4 wrote:
alpinemotorsport wrote:

Sorry I did not see any of this....version 7.3.10
When is 7.5 coming out?
If you have SE 7.3.10 your Parts Ordering window is re-sizable as desired.
Manager SE 7.5 will begin distribution in the next few weeks.
Tim McDonnell -
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

1.Close Manager SE on the other PC
2. Make your changes to the Vehicle screen so all is visible
3. Close out of that and then access the Vehicle screen to see it is as you just set it.
4. Re-start Manager SE on the other PC

That should do it. If not contact tech support because these changes are recorded to each User profile.[/quote]

Thank you, much appreciated I will try that and see what it does.

Return to “Database + Settings”