Unable To Print Without Mileage?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
DynaBMan
100 Club: Active Contributor

Unable To Print Without Mileage?

Post by DynaBMan »

We have just updated to 7.5.0 and I have found that printing ROs or invoices does not work if a specific vehicle is selected and no mileage is entered. I had one order for a winch fee on a forklift with no vehicle (and no mileage, of course) and it printed fine. Any other RO or invoice that does not have mileage, I receive the prompt to enter the mileage, but can not print unless I enter a number in the mileage field. Before the update, I could continue the print job.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Unable to print without mileage

Post by ricmorin »

See this thread...

http://www.managerforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=207&t=13355

You can either deselect the Mileage Enforce or enter a ficticious number.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

So, if I remove the check mark from the mileage validation, it will not warn if the mileage is less? Am I correct in that assumption?
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Yes, I believe that to be true. It states 'zero or less than in mileage'.

I would rather enter a number than not have validation. It's up to you.
603-622-6434 x203

DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

I agree, I definitely want the warning. On trailers and other vehicles that we work on that do not have mileage, we will just enter 1, etc. Thanks for the clarification.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
MURRI513
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by MURRI513 »

DynaBMan wrote:We have just updated to 7.5.0 and I have found that printing ROs or invoices does not work if a specific vehicle is selected and no mileage is entered. I had one order for a winch fee on a forklift with no vehicle (and no mileage, of course) and it printed fine. Any other RO or invoice that does not have mileage, I receive the prompt to enter the mileage, but can not print unless I enter a number in the mileage field. Before the update, I could continue the print job.
I updated the other day, got some very good advice on here I put 1 in the mileage field. Since I work on a lot of trailers this seemed to be the best option. One of the fleet companies told me this a while back it helps to bypass their system as well.
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

We have been doing that with all trailers we service, add 1, next time its 2 and so on.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
amservice

Re: Unable To Print Without Mileage?

Post by amservice »

I like the mileage warning when printing an invoice but it is also an issue when emailing an estimate. It will not allow me to email estimates without a mileage entered. I don't like having to make up a number just in case I forget to change it but it looks bad when emailing estimates to customers. I deal with fleet accounts where I will routinely email estimates for work that I found on the last visit and they request them again before they schedule.

I can't just make up any number either, it needs to be higher then the last mileage in so then I need to look that up and then make up my fake mileage. I also don't enter an out mileage until we are done so its a pain to print an estimate. I really need to be able to print and email without miles. Thanks
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

amservice wrote:I like the mileage warning when printing an invoice but it is also an issue when emailing an estimate. It will not allow me to email estimates without a mileage entered. I don't like having to make up a number just in case I forget to change it but it looks bad when emailing estimates to customers. I deal with fleet accounts where I will routinely email estimates for work that I found on the last visit and they request them again before they schedule.

I can't just make up any number either, it needs to be higher then the last mileage in so then I need to look that up and then make up my fake mileage. I also don't enter an out mileage until we are done so its a pain to print an estimate. I really need to be able to print and email without miles. Thanks
I would second this request. I like the warning, but I would really like to be able to print without having to input the mileage. I can't even print history without inputting the mileage because it picks up on the mileage of the history invoice I am printing and I have to change it in the input field.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
MURRI513

Post by MURRI513 »

DynaBMan wrote:
amservice wrote:I like the mileage warning when printing an invoice but it is also an issue when emailing an estimate. It will not allow me to email estimates without a mileage entered. I don't like having to make up a number just in case I forget to change it but it looks bad when emailing estimates to customers. I deal with fleet accounts where I will routinely email estimates for work that I found on the last visit and they request them again before they schedule.

I would second this request. I like the warning, but I would really like to be able to print without having to input the mileage. I can't even print history without inputting the mileage because it picks up on the mileage of the history invoice I am printing and I have to change it in the input field.
I just tried to print an invoice from history, system will not allow it beyond the previous visit since mileage is now higher than during that visit. The pop up screen asks you to update the mileage which will change the history. Are there any options besides during off the warning? It is much easier to see what was done when we print the old invoice to screen. I'm looking up a current repair that needs to be covered under warranty. Any Ideas??
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

I have disabled the warning for the time being. I just discovered that it does actually change the mileage on the history invoice if you change it to print. I can not have that, as it will completely mess with my tracking of the history. :(
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
MURRI513

Post by MURRI513 »

I'm going to have to disable as well, certainly can't have mileage changing in history especially out of order. If I'm looking at history from July 2017 & change mileage on that invoice but not on next invoice from Sept. 2017. Doesn't make sense to me. Can a patch or something be put in for a fix I really like the mileage warning otherwise.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Can someone share their process? I just printed some history invoices without issue.
603-622-6434 x203

Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

MURRI513 wrote:I'm going to have to disable as well, certainly can't have mileage changing in history especially out of order. If I'm looking at history from July 2017 & change mileage on that invoice but not on next invoice from Sept. 2017. Doesn't make sense to me. Can a patch or something be put in for a fix I really like the mileage warning otherwise.
We had this issue reported and recorded earlier this week. We certainly plan on patching this issue, but please be aware we're still early in release. We'd like to accumulate and correct as many items as we can instead of sending patch after patch. This means it will be a little time before a patch is available, but rest assured we are doing one for this issue.
M1 Product Manager
MURRI513

Post by MURRI513 »

ricmorin wrote:Can someone share their process? I just printed some history invoices without issue.
Ric,
It doesn't happen on previous invoice, you have to go back further. In my case I was looking up a warranty item from last winter. I couldn't print old invoice without changing mileage.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Hmmm. I tried that too. Guess I'm just lucky.
603-622-6434 x203

DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

Something else I have noticed is that the settings for the mileage warnings do not seem to stick. I have to go back and uncheck the warnings at least once per day.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

DynaBMan wrote:Something else I have noticed is that the settings for the mileage warnings do not seem to stick. I have to go back and uncheck the warnings at least once per day.
Larry, this is one of those close-all-stations-to-save settings. If you shut them all down, make changes on the last one, close it - when you re-open on that machine it should be permanent.
M1 Product Manager
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

Silky7 wrote:
DynaBMan wrote:Something else I have noticed is that the settings for the mileage warnings do not seem to stick. I have to go back and uncheck the warnings at least once per day.
Larry, this is one of those close-all-stations-to-save settings. If you shut them all down, make changes on the last one, close it - when you re-open on that machine it should be permanent.
Thanks, Dan. I'll take care of that now.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

This printing of history records with the In/Out mileage can have some serious consequences as we've encountered today. If you're trying to print a history record and are prompted with the In/Out message and you fill in fictitious #'s to get by the message those #'s that you typed in are actually saved as In/Out values for that history record in the database. Be very careful with what's entered in those fields!!!

Scenario: customer has a tire warranty from 2017. We tried to print the history record and were prompted for In/Out values (we only use Out mileage). The system would not print without filling out those fields. We randomly threw in numbers to enable the posted 2017 Invoice and lo and behold we corrupted our database for that customer. Our mileage Out for the 2017 Invoice, which was obviously posted, was altered to the fictitious #'s that we entered to enable it to print.
Dan

Return to “Database + Settings”