How To Delete An R.O.?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
ocdieselyeg

How To Delete An R.O.?

Post by ocdieselyeg »

Just started using the software and am playing with making estimates and RO as well as invoices. How do we delete them after producing them.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re:How To Delete An R.O.?

Post by ricmorin »

With the offending order open and on the screen, go to Edit>Remove Order. I suggest you secure this function with a password. :D
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: How To Delete An R.O.?

Post by Silky7 »

Welcome to the forum!
M1 Product Manager
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

Way back in the day, wasn't there a "practice" data base? Where we could get in and mess around, learn the system. Then flip to the "real" data base and do it for real?
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Rich wrote:Way back in the day, wasn't there a "practice" data base? Where we could get in and mess around, learn the system. Then flip to the "real" data base and do it for real?
Yes. From the splash screen, do this.......
demo.png
demo.png (210.51 KiB) Viewed 9098 times
603-622-6434 x203

Rich

Post by Rich »

That may be the best place for them to "play around" then nothing gets messed up, that has to be un-messed up when they want to do the real thing
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

That's what we do all day long for our customers: un-mess them up. LOL.
603-622-6434 x203

timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

ocdieselyeg wrote:Just started using the software and am playing with making estimates and RO as well as invoices. How do we delete them after producing them.
Welcome to the forum!

Our training concept is for new users to toggle into the DEMO version (Configuration menu above) and work through the LEARN workbook file to run through the basics without typing that stuff into your LIVE Manager SE. Details and docs at this link: http://www.managerhelp.buymitchell1.net/docs.htm

Specific to your question, here is some information on Deleting Repair Orders:

Move / Copy / Delete Items + Remove Orders

The logic used in the program says that a user must be on the appropriate screen to delete information. This is so that accidental deletions are minimized. The Edit menu plays a key role and your visible options change based on the screen open at the time. When the option you want to use is dimmed, that is the system’s way of protecting data. Once you’re on the correct screen, the menu item to remove data will be available to you. Please note that the system will prevent you from removing any customers or vehicles that have an open order or outstanding A/R balance. This is one more way the program is watching out for your business.

Removing an Order
Normally, orders disappear from Work in Progress when the order is completed and the invoice is posted. However, estimates do not always turn into actual jobs, and repair orders occasionally get cancelled without any work being done. These orders will remain in the WIP screen until you deal with them. For housekeeping, remove any orders that are no longer needed. To remove an order, you must first open it on Order screen; then select ‘Remove Order’ from the Edit menu. By checking it out on the Order screen you won’t risk deleting the wrong one; please note that once it’s gone, there is no getting it back and it would have to be re-created from scratch.

Removing an Estimate
Estimates can be deleted one at a time or by using the Purge Estimates feature on the WIP screen that uses a date range. If you plan to delete an RO or Invoice the same process applies but you must also enter a reason in a History Log box so that this will be tracked on the Deleted Orders report. Please exercise caution in removing orders from the database. Once an order is removed, it cannot be retrieved.

Remove Customer - Removes the currently selected customer's record, and all associated vehicles, from the database. This option is only available if the customer has no current orders in Work In Progress. You can do this by being on the Customer screen to initiate the process. That way the right customer record is deleted because you can see address and other info that confirms it.

Remove Vehicle - Removes a selected vehicle from the database. You must always be on the appropriate screen to delete information; viewing it to confirm it’s the correct record prevents deleting incorrect record(s) accidentally.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ocdieselyeg

Post by ocdieselyeg »

thanks for all the responses folks, Once we've created an invoice by accident how do we delete it from the system as its sitting in the WIP screen.
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

ocdieselyeg wrote:thanks for all the responses folks, Once we've created an invoice by accident how do we delete it from the system as its sitting in the WIP screen.
Open the Invoice -> Edit -> Remove Order... pretty much the same scenario as https://www.managerforum.net/viewtopic. ... 34#p101056
Dan

Return to “Database + Settings”