TIP: Converting to EST from RO?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
ocdieselyeg

TIP: Converting to EST from RO?

Post by ocdieselyeg »

Once in a while more often then none being a newbie to the software I forget to click estimate and enter everything. At that being an RO is there a way to convert it to an estimate ? I've checked through the software and don't see an option.
DynaBMan
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Re: Converting to estimate from RO

Post by DynaBMan »

If you have the information entered into the RO, you can highlight all of the lines and copy and paste that information into an estimate.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Converting to estimate from RO?

Post by timbre4 »

ocdieselyeg wrote:Once in a while more often then none being a newbie to the software I forget to click estimate and enter everything. At that being an RO is there a way to convert it to an estimate ? I've checked through the software and don't see an option.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. You won't see such an option because EST to RO puts a number of events into play. I suspect you're not getting started on creating EST properly. To prevent future issues, take a look at this setting. To start an Estimate is to click on NEW or press the F6 key. In the Customer List for Start Order, the selector should be defaulted to Estimate. If someone changed that to Repair Order that is the likely problem. It's a "sticky" setting that remembers what was done last time. Change it back to Estimate and you'll be good to go.
F6Est.png
F6Est.png (11.06 KiB) Viewed 3286 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
PDickson

Post by PDickson »

Is there any way to default F6 to estimate?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

PDickson wrote:Is there any way to default F6 to estimate?
The "radio button" selection of EST as shown is the method to do this. If anyone deviates from this by changing the button selection to RO it is easily changed back.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Database + Settings”