Posting Money to Credit report

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
katie042
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Posting Money to Credit report

Post by katie042 »

We are creating a desk level procedure mini manual to help with specific postings. In regards to receiving partial payment to go towards payment on a vehicle, what are the steps used to add that money to the credit report for that customer, so that we can apply credit when vehicle work is completed.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Posting Money to Credit report

Post by ricmorin »

To apply a payment to an open order, highlight the order on the WIP screen. Click on the Payment button at the lower right. Enter the amount and details, then click OK.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
katie042

Post by katie042 »

Thank you! Will this add it as a credit until we receive payment in full. Hopefully I’m saying this correctly. We have a few customers that for example their bill is $3000, but they can’t make payment all at once. We would we put this invoice in charge status and if they are bringing in say $500 per week, would I deposit money in bank and apply money as a credit to their account? If yes, what is the procedure for creating the credit for $500. Currently they were just adding payment “notes” to the invoice without applying partial payment or creating a credit.

Or would we leave the invoice in the WIP screen and just apply payments as we receive them

Hope this makes sense. Thank you
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

If the order is still open, then you can add a payment like I originally posted. The balance due will appear on the bottom. If the work is done, best practice is to post the order as a charge. This get's it off the WIP screen. Once posted, you can use Batch Payment to apply full or partial payments to any unpaid invoices. This will keep track of the unpaid balances. You can print receipts of each payment and in Reports you can print activity statements.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
katie042

Post by katie042 »

Thank you!!

Return to “Database + Settings”