Declining lines without erasing-

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
Rpgrace

Declining lines without erasing-

Post by Rpgrace »

Greetings all, I'm new to Mitchell and have some questions, came from RO Writer.

So let's say I have an order with three specific repairs. My customer buys two. What is the proper way to decline the line and save it to the customer's history?
Also, is there a way to group the labor line with it's associated parts so that I can easily answer the customer's question 'how much for repair A, how much is repair B? ?

Thanks so much in advance!

Ryan
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Declining lines without erasing-

Post by ricmorin »

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of great folks here with tons of experience.
So let's say I have an order with three specific repairs. My customer buys two. What is the proper way to decline the line and save it to the customer's history?
There a couple of things you can do. Keep the declined work in a revision. Revisions are dated upon creation and associated with a writer. You can also add a note specifically on the revision regarding the date declined. On the Invoice, you can keep the recommendation in place and even add a declined note to that, or add a generic note on the order about any declined work.
Also, is there a way to group the labor line with it's associated parts so that I can easily answer the customer's question 'how much for repair A, how much is repair B?

If this is in reference to selling work, create a separate revision for each job. That will total each job and give you reference when speaking with the customer. If you are referring to a printed invoice, M1 invoices don't act that way but Propack invoices do. Propack is an add-on you purchase separately. Simply start with a labor line and add all the related parts under it, then a new labor line and all those parts, etc. That will group them on the Propack Invoice.

Speaking of Propack, if you are using one of those invoices, keeping unsold work in the first 4 revisions will automatically consider that declined work and so note that on the invoice automatically.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

Speaking of Propack, if you are using one of those invoices, keeping unsold work in the first 4 revisions will automatically consider that declined work and so note that on the invoice automatically.
I have seen this from time to time. I was wondering how this was happening. I am glad you said this. Now I can adjust.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

You can turn off the declined work feature in the Propack invoice here.....
unsold.png
unsold.png (15.47 KiB) Viewed 3521 times
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Pauls Automotive

Post by Pauls Automotive »

Good to know. I actually don't mind it just wasn't sure where it is coming from. Now at least I know I can shuffle the more inportant revisions around so they appear on the bill. Thanks Ric.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU

Return to “Database + Settings”