Alternate Make list?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
bmfequipment

Alternate Make list?

Post by bmfequipment »

Good morning all. First post as BMF but I was a previous user at two other shops one in Alaska and another here in NY. ( both were automotive based)
Because of my familiarity with the system I have talked my Brother in Law to using Mitchell to manage our shop work flow and customer history ect ect.. because we all know how good it works.

OK that being said, we do not work on Cars. Or trucks. lol We are primarily a small engine, and ATV/ UTV shop.

MY question is can an alternate "make" databased be installed over the current automotive make database? Such as John Deere, Kubota, Husqvarna, Redmax ect ect. I realize we can type other makes in place manually but it doesnt always save them unless you add a specific year or VIN ( which we use to put serial numbers) The BIL is impressed with the systems capabilities we are just curious if this can be customized to our main business.

Thanks in advance

Mike Warren ( Formerly NPASCmike lol)
BMF Equipment Solutions
Clifton Springs, NY
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Alternate Make list?

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome back to the forum.

Unfortunately, substituting an alternate vehicle/unit database outright is not possible.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
bmfequipment

Re: Alternate Make list?

Post by bmfequipment »

Thanks Tim.... I had a feeling you were going to tell me that but I had to ask. its been a while lol

Nooooooo Biggy just trying to make it easier for my no so computer literate Brother in Law lol

Return to “Database + Settings”