Canned Job Question

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Canned Job Question

Post by ShopManTim »

Here in our shop we use different labor price levels. For example: Vehicles including cars, vans, and pk trucks up to and including 1/2 ton are one labor rate. Trucks and vehicles 3/4 ton and up are a different labor rate. Can I build canned jobs using different labor rates? When ever I want to build a canned job for trucks 3/4 ton and up, the system wants to use the lower labor rate. My objective for doing it this way would be so that i can bring up a report based on the different labor rates.
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: Canned Job Question

Post by brianp87 »

Probally going to have to set up multiple can jobs and
mitch.JPG
mitch.JPG (40.4 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
and check the box for non standard labor rate in each and make them as you wish.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Canned Job Question

Post by ricmorin »

You don't need to build canned jobs for the different rates. Build one canned job with the correct labor time. If you set those vehicles to the correct corresponding rate, then when the canned job is added, the rate will apply automatically.

Let's say that pickups are a different rate. You would pre-emptively set that rate for the vehicle. Under the vehicle tab, click on Type and set the rate for that vehicle. ALL labors brought in will use that rate.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Database + Settings”