Customer Credit from Overpayment

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
lowerysgarage

Customer Credit from Overpayment

Post by lowerysgarage »

Is there a way to pay out a customer credit instead of keeping it as a credit so that it moves into Quickbooks for me to pay out. I've been looking but can't find anything. when I closed the invoice it asked if I wanted to apply the credit to the customer account and I said NO but it did anyway. Now I just want to get rid of the credit and be able to give the money back in Quickbooks. I also tried putting in a negative amount that equaled the credit but then it increased the invoice by that amount. anybody able to offer help?
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: Customer Credit from Overpayment

Post by liljoe »

You should be able to open an invoice for the customer and create an invoice with a zero amount then post it with a negative payment (the system will take a negative payment BTW) then post the invoice. The credit will be gone and the refund will show up in the reports.

I am sure there is prob a better way to to do this, but this is how we do it.
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
lowerysgarage

Post by lowerysgarage »

thanks. I'll give it a shot
lowerysgarage

Post by lowerysgarage »

didn't work. it created an invoice for the amount I had entered as a negative payment and wouldn't let me post it. kept trying to get me to make a payment when I clicked pay invoice

Return to “Database + Settings”