F4 HISTORY SEARCH DATE RANGE

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
himels

F4 HISTORY SEARCH DATE RANGE

Post by himels »

When using F4 to search History Records using the Vehicle tab, the date range defaults to ONLY searching the last 2 months (I can remember those jobs w/o using the computer). This feature would be much more convenient for the date range to default to searching EVERY invoice unless the user chooses a different date range. At the very least it would be helpful for the Posted From date to be changed by the user and stay locked on that date until it gets changed again.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: F4 HISTORY SEARCH DATE RANGE

Post by timbre4 »

himels wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:49 am
When using F4 to search History Records using the Vehicle tab, the date range defaults to ONLY searching the last 2 months (I can remember those jobs w/o using the computer). This feature would be much more convenient for the date range to default to searching EVERY invoice unless the user chooses a different date range. At the very least it would be helpful for the Posted From date to be changed by the user and stay locked on that date until it gets changed again.
There are different ways to implement defaults for different reasons. I suspect we don't default to all invoices because that is a lot of data that takes time to build the display.

I found that the Date range entered remains the same until you exit the program presumably for the day. I showed a range back to 2019 this morning and 6 hours later it was still set. After a shutdown and restart it went back to the two months default. This was an old complaint about date range where the user select was lost as soon as you exited the History screen! So we're definitely better now in this regard. I'd have to check the development story for the reasoning of the logic that was applied.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
himels

Post by himels »

As I enter the date the way you suggested, I realize that the act of entering the date doesn't seem right. I start by highlighting the month & entering the 2 digits & the cursor does not move. I then try TAB & the cursor moves DOWN to the other date range. It seems that most software/website date entry either automatically flows from month to day to year as the numbers are entered (5.9 Legacy used to) or the TAB key is used to move from 1 to the next.

I also went to the Reports area of the program and found that the date entry is the same. Please check into this & let us know if/when this issue can be addressed. Thanks
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Best practice is to use the calendar feature or use the arrow keys.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Database + Settings”