Work in Progress User Settings Disappear Random

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
coverweg

Work in Progress User Settings Disappear Random

Post by coverweg »

I have one computer, workstation, the user never changes it is that persons computer. Randomly the Work In Progress screen will go to a white background, she uses yellow. We have to manually go in and switch it back. It was also changing her grid line colors. I got on the phone with tech support and after numerous times of stating that it is always on that user, they said they would have to see it in order for it to be delt with. I asked if there was anything we could do, he stated they would have to see it happen. I stated that is not even possible, so I suggested that I delete her as a user and recreate the user. He agreed for me to try it. I tried it and randomly it changes her background color, but the grid lines stay the colors she has set it to. Has anyone else seen this or know what to do?
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Work in Progress User Settings Disappear Random

Post by megoff »

When it comes to the User settings for the background color and grid lines, this is 100% a user based setting. Any time there are "random" issues with the User's settings the best way to correct them is to close all Workstations including the host. Open one workstation, this can be a workstation or the host does not matter. Make the required changes for the user settings and close the workstation again. After these steps the settings should stick.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Database + Settings”