Credit Card Processing Fees

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
HeadsUpAuto

Credit Card Processing Fees

Post by HeadsUpAuto »

Hey Everyone,

I tried looking through the forum to get an answer to this question but couldn't find much.

What I'm wondering is how other shop owners are handling credit card processing fee's? Are you passing them on to your customers? if so what is the best way to do it with Mitchell1?

Thanks as always,

Chris
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Credit Card Processing Fee's

Post by ricmorin »

I build it in my labor rate. No separate charge.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Ditto, no separate charge...built into labor rate.
Dan
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Thanks guys. I've thought many a time about running a poll on this, but sadly the forum is quieter than it used to be. We've had discussions with our credit card processing integrators about this. They want a mechanism in Manager to handle "cash discount" programs to pass these fees on - but my opinion has always been customers (yours) would balk at seeing additional charges. Markup/folding into the costs always seemed a better option to me. Glad to see I'm not alone. :)
M1 Product Manager
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

I build in, I always say that when we are at a restaraunt, if they would just raise the price on everything say .25 it would cover, but then you also have to remember as you raise price, the fees go up too. Its the lesser of 2 evils ready, I just like to tell my customers we don't charge extra.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by liljoe »

Silky7 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:27 pm
Thanks guys. I've thought many a time about running a poll on this, but sadly the forum is quieter than it used to be. We've had discussions with our credit card processing integrators about this. They want a mechanism in Manager to handle "cash discount" programs to pass these fees on - but my opinion has always been customers (yours) would balk at seeing additional charges. Markup/folding into the costs always seemed a better option to me. Glad to see I'm not alone. :)
We build it in to the cost of business. We have a customer who purchased a set of wheels and tires from a local tire shop (we do not do tires) and he asked if they take debit cards, they told yes with a SMALL fee. When he picked up his truck the SMALL fee was a bit over $100.00, they charged 4% extra. when he came in the next time he was still upset about that. My and the owner talked about it and he feels the same way. If you are told 2500.00 then they add 4% on top we would be feeling cheated.

I hate that the forum has goten so quiet lately, I miss all the banter that used to happen here......
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.

Return to “Database + Settings”