DISCOUNTS

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

DISCOUNTS

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Currently, the majority of discounts that we offer, and the way Discounts are applied in the system, work fine.
Ex. $10 Off Full Synthetic Oil Change.Pretty basic and every work fine in the system.

Things get a little more complicated, perhaps it's just me, when you try to offer 10% discount on fluid changes (parts & labor). If you try to set it up in the system it appears the only option is to create a Discount for 10% Parts & Labor. However, when you apply the discount it applies the discount across the board meaning 10% off the whole job. Which obviously is not correct.

Am I thinking about Discounts all wrong? Are they to be used as a Coupon? Or, is a Coupon something different altogether and I'm trying to apply Discounts incorrectly?
Dan
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: DISCOUNTS

Post by ricmorin »

Discounts and Coupons are Order-centric with regards to percentages. If you want to apply a percentage of a specific job, you would need to do that manually and apply the results as a specific dollar amount under the current architecture. This may change when the architecture changes to the by-the-job approach.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: DISCOUNTS

Post by timbre4 »

As Ric states above, Discounts (coupon or ad hoc) are total order-centric.

We are working on the by-the-job architecture now; due to the complexity, it will be introduced in at least two phases. The first phase is to get the BTJ grid introduced and refined. A second phase will introduce job container concepts for taxes, fees, discounts, etc. for each job.

This will provide the options to address specific job details within the repair order.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Database + Settings”