Labour Discount

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
dusylube

Labour Discount

Post by dusylube »

Is there any way to apply a labour discount to a customer type, I use this program in my Quick lube and have package pricing for each service in the labour catagory and I would like to set up certain customers with ongoing % discount. I know i can do it for parts but not for labour and as the package price is a combination of parts and labour the discount can't be a fixed labour rate. I'm not sure if I'm making much sence but if someone has a sugestion I would appreciate it.
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Re: Labour discount

Post by Pauls Automotive »

If you look at the bottom of the screen on the customer page....you will see a button call "Type" click that and you can apply a specific labor rate to that customer that will stay that way each and every time they come in......I hope that is what you are looking for.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Labour discount

Post by ricmorin »

dusylube wrote:Is there any way to apply a labour discount to a customer type, I use this program in my Quick lube and have package pricing for each service in the labour catagory and I would like to set up certain customers with ongoing % discount. I know i can do it for parts but not for labour and as the package price is a combination of parts and labour the discount can't be a fixed labour rate. I'm not sure if I'm making much sence but if someone has a sugestion I would appreciate it.
I'm not sure I completely understand. You can give a specific customer a specific labor rate, but you cannot give a specific discount by customer for labor.

I have only a handful of customers that fall into this category. I manually apply the discount.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
steven kiser

Re: Labour Discount

Post by steven kiser »

i also manually include the discounts. i strongly suggest that all do it. if i'm working with a customer that i'm adding discounts to i'll guarente the labor discount but the part discount varies depending on the vendor as well as the part since the % of profit varies. i'll be hard pressed to discount off of a dealer part as well as an engine or transmission replacement. then again nothing is etched in stone.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
dusylube

Post by dusylube »

Yes at this time I have to manually apply the discount, but with multiple employees this can get missed. I was hoping someone out there also uses this program for a quick lube and would have a magical process that I missed. Thx for all the replies. But I think the answer is to run a lube shop specific software program for the quick lube division, unfortunatly that poses a problem with history records for customers who tend to use both the repair shop and the quick lube.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

if you're trying to carry over discounts from the lube shop to the repair shop or visa versa i think the easiest way would be with coupons. it may sound like more work but once it gets going would be easier to control. i would use something along the lines of punch cards for the lube shop and possiblty a $ level in the repair shop.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by fortknoxx »

you might want to check out the discount button on the bottom of the payment screen. this will apply the discount, or make a coupon. I stopped giving customers a discount on the customer tab. The gremlin had his buddies set up on a discount from the customer tab. he would then charge them cost on the parts. the system would take 10% off the cost. we were selling his buddies parts at 10 below cost.
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell

Return to “Database + Settings”