TIP: Working On Items That Are Not A Vehicle?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
Jimmyjon

TIP: Working On Items That Are Not A Vehicle?

Post by Jimmyjon »

Occasionally I will take small trailer from my fleet customer that usually just requires fixing the wiring or repacking some bearings. How can I enter this on an invoice as vehicle info without having to put a fake vehicle on for it.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Working on items that are not a vehicle

Post by ricmorin »

I usually just get the info and enter the fields as best as possible. A trailer will have a year and manufacturer, so I'll enter that. I have small equipment that I service so a general description is all I need to distinguish it. You don't have to use the pull downs. You can overwrite anything into those fields.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
steven kiser

Re: Working On Items That Are Not A Vehicle

Post by steven kiser »

Like said above, you can load anything you want into vehicle fields. The first order i write on a trailer is like a canvas to a painter. This applies to all equipment or non "vehicle" items as well. I load the plate #, mfg year, make, model, vin, leave the engine size blank then i hit the note button and add away. I will make note of tire size, wheel style, type of brakes (usually wexler), light style (round, oval, lamp or diode) length, width, suspension type, etc. I want to be able to order anything i need before it comes into my shop. If i get a call about two blow outs with damaged wheels i can get the ball rolling with my tire supplier and R.H. Scales before it arrives. I use the first order as an information sheet. I load all information i can then put it through as a posted order so it's always there.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Database + Settings”