P.O. Open Locks Up Workstation?

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

P.O. Open Locks Up Workstation?

Post by Rich »

We are still running 7.1.7. I often go through the POs to close out any we may have missed when the parts came in. The issue I am having is if another work station opens the PO box it locks me up. I can't 100% say it has to be the same PO (like he is adding info to PO and I happen to open the one he has open.) or if it is when we both open the PO file. I get the following Warning

Error: an unknown error of type System.Data.DBConcurrencyException has occurred. Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records.

I can click "OK" and the warning closes. If I then click "save" on the open PO, i get the warning again. If i click the red "X" i get the warning. If I click "delete" or "close PO" it appears I can continue. However, Its an active PO and I don't want to do either, so i don't.

Am I missing something? Does TS need to dial in and poke around?
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: P.O. Open Locks Up Workstation?

Post by Silky7 »

Rich,

You're not missing anything, nor is this something TS can help with. What you're seeing is by design. Only repair orders are using record locking; there are a few other areas subject to concurrency violations. POs and Shop Setup are the two most common. Concurrency violation exceptions are just that — two people tried to modify the same record and someone's "changes" are being thrown out. We don't want to implement locks in POs, so the only real solution for now is communication within the shop, or expecting you'll see this message if someone else opens the same PO you have open.
M1 Product Manager
Rich

Post by Rich »

Is there a way to get out of it with out using control - alt - delete?
Rich Hays
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

If you hit a concurrency violation, you're best off closing out of the area you're in without trying to save any data. You should be able to do that, then restart Manager. Concurrency shouldn't cause a complete application hang unless you try to save changes afterwards.
M1 Product Manager
Rich

Post by Rich »

The only way I have seen was to "close" the PO or "delete" it. Either would work I guess if we had the parts, but 95% of the time its a PO we need. I'll just keep an eye on the others and make sure no one is up here when I clean them up.
Rich Hays

Return to “Parts + Ordering”