Inventory after switch from TRACS

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Inventory after switch from TRACS

Post by Rich »

Have a new M1 user that is having a few issues learning the system. When he switch to M1 his inventory did not transfer to his system like customer data did. Is this something that TS needs to get involved with? Can they switch it over for him?

He isn't to excited about the lack of teaching he is getting from M1, and I have offered to meet him at our shop to teach him what I know. This inventory issue I know is over my head, shy of hand entering it all, just want to not lead him down the wrong path on this issue when we meet.
Thanks

NOTE: SE product training remarks has been split to a separate topic: http://managerforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=13224
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Inventory after switch from TRACS

Post by Silky7 »

Rich,

The answer to this is a lot more complex than it seems on the surface. While we do have a database conversion process for users coming from other systems, exactly what converts does vary. Tracs, for example, should have brought over customers, vehicles, and the inventory minus quantities.

If the shop did the conversion with us as part of their order, we can help if the inventory parts list is missing. If however, they went through a third party, we cannot help them here.

Hope it helps.
M1 Product Manager
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

Rich - I can say as far as the data transfer that Bolt_On Technologies has done two data import for me over the year from M1 to Enterprise and 3 years later back to M!. They do a fantastic job. Yu may want to have your friend talk to them about it. It may be a huge time savings. Just a thought.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
Rich

Post by Rich »

Paul, I will ask him about it. We don't use Bolt-on here. :cry:
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.

Return to “Parts + Ordering”