ShopCAT Catalog SE?

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
sbcauto
100 Club: Active Contributor

ShopCAT Catalog SE?

Post by sbcauto »

I AGREE ESTIMATE CAN BE A BIT OF A PAIN. WISH THEY WOULD ALLOW SHOPCAT TO WORK WITHIN MITCHELL LIKE IT DID IN 5.9. TALKING WITH ACTIVANT (EPICOR) SAID THEY CAN MAKE IT WORK WITH IN 6.4 BUT THEY NEED MITCHELL TO WANT IT. THEY TOLD ME THEY HAVE TRIED & MICHELL SEEMS TO BE DEFIANTLY SAYING NO. DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY WHEN SO MANY MEMBERS WANT IT & ACTIVANT SAYS MANY MORE MITCHELL MEMBERS ARE SWITHCING TO OTHER SOFTWARE BECAUSE OF THIS ISSUE. ACTIVANT CATALOGUE MUCH MUCH QUICKER TO ESIMATE AS PARTS & LABOUR CAN BE LOOKED UP IN ONE PLACE INSTEAD OF HAVING TO BOUNCE AROUND.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Hopefully issues that can be addressed

Post by timbre4 »

Correct, there is no plan to ever interface manager SE to a disc based catalog.

FYI - There are web-based catalogs that offer labor along with the parts in their catalog; it's up to the vendor if it's part of the package.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
sbcauto

Post by sbcauto »

Hey Tim
With Regards To Shopcat (Epicor). I Know It Is Currently A Disc Based System. However When I Talked To Them They Said They Would Work With Mitchell To Adapt One Of Their Online Systems To Work. They Have One Now That Works With Protractor Which Is Also Online System. My Question Is That They Tell Me That Even Though Other Cust's Are Calling For Their System That Mitchell Is Not Willing To Work With Them On This Issue. Now They Have The Best Catalouge System For Automotive I Wish Mitchell Would Re-Consider.
Thanks
Bill
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

We are already compatible with their web based catalogs. The features offered differ somewhat from the disc based offering. We need to clarify the name of the catalog.
Tim McDonnell -
sbcauto

Re: ShopCAT Catalog SE?

Post by sbcauto »

I Think It Is Called Activant's ePartExpert™ Although I'm Checking With Epicor To Be Sure.
Thanks
pbuckheit

Post by pbuckheit »

Hello All. I have three locations and just switched two to SE. I am miserable without ShopCat, all other options are slower and don't link with my inventory. What are you guys doing ? Did Activant's ePartExpert solve your issues and replace ShopCat ? I was at a tradeshow in Feb 2015 and the Epicor and Mitchell booths were next to one another and I got them talking. Epicor said they would consider making a cloud based option due to the outcry. #Help
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. Here is a comment from product management:

"Epicor does not yet have a cloud replacement for LaserCat 3 (ShopCat). Mitchell 1 will no doubt look at that solution when available."
Tim McDonnell -
pbuckheit

Post by pbuckheit »

What web based catalogs offer parts & labor ? Still looking for a one stop solution to replace Epicor/ShopCat. Even if I get Parts & Labor it still will not link to my inventory.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

I can offer two off the top of my head....

Wise Connect and ACL (Auto Com Link)
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

There is also Nexpart (same as Wise); it is up to the specific vendor involved if the labor is included.
Tim McDonnell -
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

WebLink WebWare Catalog - shows labor and uses Epicores ePart
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
pbuckheit

Post by pbuckheit »

Back to the SHOPCAT questions. Just moved my 3rd location to Mitchell SE (begrudgingly) due to the lack of Shop Cat. These other solutions that you speak of, how do I get started with them ? Or do I have to hope against all hope that the local parts stores support them ? #SHOPCAT #HELP
I still simply cannot believe that we have taken a step backwards on this issue. I run high car count operations and hate the extra steps/time of looking up parts and labor that dont link to my inventory.
pbuckheit

Post by pbuckheit »

Does it link to my inventory ? How do I see a demo ?

Johnny5 wrote:WebLink WebWare Catalog - shows labor and uses Epicores ePart
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

pbuckheit wrote:Back to the SHOPCAT questions. Just moved my 3rd location to Mitchell SE (begrudgingly) due to the lack of Shop Cat. These other solutions that you speak of, how do I get started with them ? Or do I have to hope against all hope that the local parts stores support them ? #SHOPCAT #HELP
I still simply cannot believe that we have taken a step backwards on this issue. I run high car count operations and hate the extra steps/time of looking up parts and labor that dont link to my inventory.
To use these examples, a local parts store would need to be using one of the protocols. Then you would contact the parts store and get a user name and password to see how it worked. All the catalogs link to your inventory where part numbers and line codes(most) match.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Parts + Ordering”