Parts Statement Reconciling

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Parts Statement Reconciling

Post by liljoe »

I am fairly certain that I know the answer to this but will throw it out there any how. The boss is wanting to find a way to not have to manually reconcile the parts invoice at the end of the month to the repair orders to make sure that every part we are charged for is accounted for. She is wanting to not have to match each line on the statement to its proper invoice but still be able to make sure everything is accounted for. Any one have a way to do this?
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Parts Statement Reconciling

Post by timbre4 »

If one uses the Manager POs regularly, these should match the vendor purchases less any returns.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

If they used them correctly, they would not be us....

I am trying to get things better organized as far as that goes, in the process of writing procedure manuals for all shop operations due to my current helper fixing to ship out to the navy in the spring and the owners strong desire to get me on the road doing medical imaging service and out of the shop.....

When using POs correctly, what is the best procedure to make sure that parts statement reconciling is as pain free for the boss as possible?
Thanks for the reply on this..
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

This is the likely sequence:

ORDERING
1. Parts are ordered per RO according to needs using POs for each instance.
2. Parts can also be ordered by Restock from Inventory function per Vendor; this generates a PO.

RECEIVING
1. Clicking View PO and opening PO, the receive process is completed; parts are dispatched to RO
2. Clicking the PO icon (Top) and opening the stock order PO; the receive process will place the parts into inventory

NOTE: During receive process, there is a checkbox to make part(s) into inventory part records.

RETURNS
1. If the part was made into an inventory record and not used, the Inventory Functions - Return feature can be used.
2. If the part was NOT made into an inventory record and not used, it is not visible to the Inventory Return function.

In either case, the returned part should be noted on the vendor's invoice to aid in reconciliation process.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Parts + Ordering”